Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Strange Problkem with Mahara 22.04.1

Andy R.'s profile picture

17 May 2022, 1:24

Hi all

We make an upgrade and now we have some problems:

1. // Plural forms, added by language pack generator $string['pluralrule'] = 'n != 1'; $string['pluralfunction'] = 'plural_en_GB_utf8'; function plural_en_GB_utf8($n) { return $n != 1; } 

We did not know from where this come. The message go when the site reload. But on other devices (Smartphone, Tablet) it shows permanently.

2. see attached screenshot

Some Blocks will not load the content, it shows only the symbol to load

3. We did not modify any file.

Any help are welcome!

Greets Andy

• mahara_22.04.1.jpg
Robert Lyon's profile picture

17 May 2022, 9:07

Hi Andy,

It sounds like there is a problem with the GB language pack.

If you go to Administration menu -> Development -> Languages do you see an error regarding the GB language pack?

If so, it sounds like there currently is a problem with the pack - please delete it from your system at the path provided in the error.

Language packs are provided by the Mahara community and so may not always be up to date / working correctly

Cheers

Robert

17 May 2022, 18:39

Hi Robert, thx for reply. I try what you wrote, but nothin change. I cannot delete, i mean i can do it, but the system already means language is installed. Any idea?

Did u have any idea to the next errors?

mahara_22.04.1.jpg

mahara_lang.jpg

mahara_lang_1.jpg

mahara_message.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Greets Andy

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 May 2022, 7:56

Hi Andy,

The error says that you already installed the British English language pack but for some reason it's not displaying on the page. Can you please check on your server in the dataroot/langpacks if you can find it there and delete from there? I do have a problem installing that langpack through the interface as the configuration of the langpack needs to be updated.

I wonder though if you need that langpack altogether. There's hardly any strings translated in it, and the Mahara interface uses British English (unless I missed things) by default.

I don't think that your loading issue is related to the langpack. You could try though to clear your caches once you've dealt with the langpacks via Admin menu  → Admin home  → Overview as that also refreshes your menu. If you still have problems, please check your developer console in the browser and see if there are any errors. The 'Portfolios' block loads portfolios via AJAX.

Viele Grüße

Kristina

19 May 2022, 19:49

Hey Kristina

I did download all files as zip from your side. Again, we did not modify anything, i know it is a ajax field, but it want load. We did only download and install german lang pack, we did never load any other language pack, why should we do that?

The error says:

XHRGEThttps://domain/mahara/undefinedblocktype/blocktype.ajax.php?blockid=429
[HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 249ms]

GET
    https://domain/mahara/undefinedblocktype/blocktype.ajax.php?blockid=429
Status
Not Found
VersionHTTP/1.1
Übertragen36,01 KB (35,57 KB Größe)
Referrer Policystrict-origin-when-cross-origin

Greets Andy

Robert Lyon's profile picture

20 May 2022, 15:28

Hi Andy,

There is something odd about the url you posted - this part: undefinedblocktype

https://domain/mahara/undefinedblocktype/blocktype.ajax.php?blockid=429

The url is made up of the $cfg->wwwroot value and 'blocktype/blocktype.ajax.php'

but for some reason your one has 'undefined' within it.

Can you check two things:

1) In either your config.php file or the database 'config' table look for the value of 'wwwroot'

does it look correct and end with a '/'

2) On viewing the source of a Mahara page does the <head> tag display the data-basehref value correctly?

For example this site has

<head data-basehref="https://mahara.org/">

Cheers

Robert

20 May 2022, 21:29

Hi Robert

1. yes

2. yes

and a file as attachment.

Greets Andy

22 May 2022, 20:13

Back with some news:

[WAR] cc (lib/mahara.php:681) Die Konfigurationsdatei ist bei /srv/www/htdocs/user/maharadata/langpacks/en_GB.utf8/lang/en_GB.utf8/langconfig.php fehlerhaft. Pass es manuell an oder lösch das /srv/www/htdocs/user/maharadata/langpacks/en_GB.utf8/ Verzeichnis, um die Sprache ganz zu entfernen. And again, i did never install this langpack en_GB.utf8!

If i comment out the line in this file is not show, bue the error warning is not competly gone! If i reload the site, the error warning will show for a moment, but reponsive screen (smartphone) the error warning show permanantly.

The problem with the ajax block is still exist!

Greets Andy

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 May 2022, 15:52

Hi Andy,

Can you please manually remove the British language pack from srv/www/htdocs/user/maharadata/langpacks/en_GB.utf8 ? If you didn't install it on the server and neither via the site admin area's new language installation option, a different site admin must have done that. We know that some language packs have configuration that produces errors, but haven't been able to figure out yet what would need to change to install them as they are installing via CLI.

Removing the GB English folder from the langpacks will remove that error message.

Thank you

Kristina

24 May 2022, 17:32

I never install this language pack!

This error warning must come from a code in a file from the system. If i switch the language to english (not en_gb, only en) comes:

// Plural forms, added by language pack generator $string['pluralrule'] = 'n != 1'; $string['pluralfunction'] = 'plural_en_GB_utf8'; function plural_en_GB_utf8($n) { return $n != 1; } ERROR - something bad happened after headers have been sent. Check the error log for more information.

mahara_lang_install_admin.jpg

And here comes a screenshot from FTP:

mahara_ftp.jpg

And the error log shows no entries.

Thats it! I´m gonna install a new, clean mahara on another domain on the same server and will report!

Greets Andy

14 results