Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding smart evidence times out

Howard Miller's profile picture

05 April 2022, 23:04

Mahara 21.04

We've got a strange problem with smart evidence. We think this might just be a "sample of one" but still would quite like to fix it. 

The use clicks the circle and the annotation popup appears. Type in and click the "place feedback" button. "Loading" spins for a minute or so and then the form clears. No errors, doesn't work. 

There are no errors in the logs. 

Any thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 11.35.27.png

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 April 2022, 8:25

Hi Howard,

Do you see any errors or warnings in the console of the developer tools in your browser? This sounds a bit like a JavaScript error, which wouldn't make it into the error log.

Thank you

Kristina

06 April 2022, 9:17

Hi,

Yes, I did check that. The console is completely clean. That's why I'm a bit stuck...

07 April 2022, 7:33

Hi Howard,

Do you have the framework available as .matrix file so we could check on one of our instances if we run into the same problem? Or have you been able to replicate it on a testing or developer environment?

Does the problem happen as well when you give feedback directly on the block on the page?

Without being able to replicate the issue, it's a bit difficult to judge what it might be.

Thank you

Kristina

07 April 2022, 22:30

Thanks - I'm struggling here as I know absolutely nothing about these evidence frameworks. I think I probably uploaded the matrix file in the past. I'll need to dig.

There will be many other students using the same matrix so it's almost certainly a one off.

As long as it stays that way I'm not sure I want to spend more time on it. If it comes up again, I'll have to get to a position of knowing what I'm talking about :)

Thanks for your help - it was worth checking that it's not a known problem. 

08 April 2022, 9:50

Hi Howard,

That sounds like a plan. :-) It could have been that something was not properly loaded on the page if nobody else encountered this issue.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results