Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Mahara/Moodle int. with Moodle v4

Peter Haasdijk's profile picture

22 March 2022, 1:52

Will it be possible to integrate Mahara with the 4.x version of Moodle?

Kind regards,

Peter

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 March 2022, 8:26

Hi Peter,

We haven't yet gotten our hands on a Moodle 4 beta, but once we do, we'll give it a go. I haven't heard that Moodle deprecated LTI 1.1 and thus I assume that the LTI connection will still work. If you are still using MNet, I would look into how to migrate to LTI.

The Mahara assignment submission plugin (web services) has not yet been tested with Moodle 4, but it is on our radar to do so with the help of our Catalyst Moodle devs.

Cheers

Kristina

Peter Haasdijk's profile picture

23 March 2022, 22:17

Kristina,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am happy to hear that there is in any case the intention to continue to support the integration.

By the time you want to test the assignment submission plugin, please let me know. Perhaps the timing of testing the plugin will fit into the project we are currently running.

Kind regards,
Peter

24 March 2022, 16:51

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for the offer to test the integration with Moodle 4. The Mahara assignment submission plugin (web services) is in the Moodle database, and we'll update the version compatibility once we've had the chance to test it and make any updates necessary. You can also follow the plugin on GitHub to be notified of issues and pull requests etc. if you want to see them before they are merged.

Thank you

Kristina

Ali Hastie's profile picture

18 April 2023, 21:38

Hi Kristina 

Are there plans to release the Moodle/Mahara Assignment (Web Services) plugin for Moodle 4.1 version, which we will be aiming for this coming July? And, will it be available on the Moodle Database plugins list as our hosting company are quite reluctant to install the 3.11 version on Moodle 4.1, which is understandable.

Cheers

Ali

20 April 2023, 8:27

Hi Ali,

There is an open issue for the plugin to be updated for Moodle 4.1. It has been assigned internally and awaiting review to determine the effort.

Thank you

Kristina

Ali Hastie's profile picture

20 April 2023, 9:04

Thanks Kristina, very much appreciated. 

7 results