Forums | Mahara Community
Event: Digital ethics workshop on 21/22 February 2022
03 February 2022, 8:08
This is an announcement for a free online workshop coming up in a couple of weeks. Register today to participate.
From the organisers:
Since mid-2019, the Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) has investigated digital ethics and ePortfolios via a specially created task force. The work resulted in principles promoting ethical ePortfolio practices to educators, staff, students, and platform providers. In this session, task force members will work with participants to take a closer look at the principle of diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and decolonization (DEIBD) within ePortfolio practice.
This two-hour session will introduce you to the work of the task force. In a series of activities, you will explore questions and practices relating to DEIBD, and discuss these with other participants.
Your facilitators are:
- Kristina Hoeppner, M.A., Catalyst IT, Aotearoa New Zealand
- Peter McLellan, PhD, Oxford College of Emory University, U.S.A.
By the end of each workshop, participants will be able to…
- Identify how digital ethics intersect with ePortfolio practice, with specific attention to DEIBD.
- Reflect on their own activities from the perspective of DEIBD.
- Name several strategies to transform their ePortfolio practices according to DEIBD.
- Revise an ePortfolio document, activity, or plan to better consider the digital ethics aspects ascribed to DEIBD.
The workshop takes place on Monday, 21 February 2022, 2-4pm EST (check your time zone).