Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Archive file missing after group submission

13 September 2021, 19:12

Dear Mahara Team,

After releasing a portfolio page submitted to a group where "Allow archiving of submissions" is enabled, there is no archive file for the submissions, i.e., in the "Archive file" column of the table shown in the "Archive" tab, the name of the page is indicated, followed by "(file missing)".

We are running Mahara 21.04.2testing (installed from GitHub) on an Ubuntu 20.04.3 (Apache 2.4, PostgreSQL 12.8, PHP 7.4.3), and `usepdfexport` is set to false.

Thanks in advance for any hint to what might cause this issue.

Greetings from Luxembourg,

Christian

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 September 2021, 9:57

Moien Christian,

Do you have anything in your error log that might provide some insight into why the export failed?

Thank you

Kristina

14 September 2021, 18:04

Moien Kristina,

Thank you for your reply! Sorry I forgot to mention, no, indeed there is nothing in the error logs. 

In the CRON output in my /var/mail, I have this:

[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:55) ---------- cron running Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:36:01 +0200 ----------
[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:568) Skipping long-running cron job core_collection_rollover (Mon, 13 Sep 2021 22:16:01 +0200).
[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:568) Skipping long-running cron job core_cron_site_data_daily (Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:09:01 +0200).
[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:193) Running core cron export_process_queue
[DBG] 1a (export/leap/lib.php:1268) Not providing an export-relative link for 78
[DBG] 1a (export/leap/lib.php:1268) Not providing an export-relative link for 47
[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:193) Running core cron watchlist_process_notifications
[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:193) Running core cron portfolio_auto_copy
[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:193) Running core cron check_imap_for_bounces
[INF] 1a (lib/cron.php:235) ---------- cron finished Tue, 14 Sep 2021 07:36:05 +0200 ----------

Not sure whether this "Not providing an export-relative link" statement is related to the missing archive file, as it did not appear in all of my tests.

Thank you,

Christian

Robert Lyon's profile picture

22 September 2021, 10:32

Hello Christian,

Could the problem be similar to https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=8928&offset=0&limit=10#post35419 where the php-zip module is not installed?

Cheers

Robert

22 September 2021, 17:42

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your reply. No, php-zip is well installed, and I should have mentioned that regular exports (Manage → Export) do work like a charm. It appears to be only an issue when creating an archive after releasing a submission to a group.

Not sure whether in anyhow related or whether it is a separate issue, but I have noticed that every day a new php process is created, which all share the entire CPU available on the server. I have 4 cores, not restarted the server in 8 days, and I have 8 php processes all at about 50% CPU share. After restarting the machine, the first new php process runs in ordinary CPU levels.

Best regards,

Christian

Alexej Rotar's profile picture

05 November 2021, 1:32

Dear Christian,

Don't know if it's still relevant. I just ran into the same issue: php-zip was installed, yet the file was claimed to be missing. When hovering over the "file missing"-message, you can see the path of the file that is supposedly missing. When I looked for that path on the server, it was actually there. So, as a first step I recommend looking for that path - if it's there, you might have the same problem I did.

For me, the problem turned out to be related to incorrect file owners and groups on the server. While most of the directories under data/dataroot had the correct owner, the submissions directory and all files below it had "root" as user and group. Therefore, the script checking for the file did not have the permissions to look into the directories and "file_exists" returned false. Fixing the owner and group fixed the problem for me.

Hope that helps.

22 July 2022, 23:50

Dear Alexej,

Sorry for my very late reply, and thank you for your indications.

Indeed, after upgrading Mahara to the most recent version and properly setting the chmod, the problems were solved (release from export queue, access to archive, cronjob execution and CPU usage).

Best regards,

Christian

7 results