Forums | Mahara Community
Moodle/Mahra intergration with plugin assignsubmission-maharaws
26 August 2021, 0:56
Using this discussion as base to explain my issue: topic.php?id=8752
I went through the following steps
- Mahara Version 21_04
- Moodle Version 3.9.7
- Copy the contents from the above git url project to mod/assign/submission/maharaws in your Moodle site.
- Proceed with the plugin installation in Moodle
Configured Mahara with following:
- Navigate to 'Administration menu (🔧)-> Web services -> Configuration'
- Enable 'Accept incoming web service requests'
- Enable the protocols REST and OAuth
- Navigate to 'Administration menu (🔧) -> Web services -> External Apps'.
- Type a name for the application into the 'Application' text input, e.g. Moodle. Applications are listed alphabetically. If you have multiple institutions on your Mahara site, select the institution for which you want to enable the connection.
- Select 'Moodle Assignment Submission; from the drop-down menu.
- Click 'Add'. You will then see the consumer key and secret. These will be used when configuring the assignment activity in Moodle.
- Add an assignment in Moodle.
- Select Mahara as the assignment submission type.
- Fill in the following:
- URL of your Mahara site.
- Mahara web services OAuth key (from the external apps list in Mahara).
- Mahara web services Oauth secret.
I get the following error as shown in the image ErreurInMoodle.
This error says multiple things. Among those I have checked the following:
- Web services are enabled
- The consumer secret and key are up to date
- I think there should be no IP restriction as both of them are on the same server
- SSL certification is also valid
I tried with the LTI intergartion for external apps as show here:
It worked like a charm but i do need to use the new plugin.
Update: Removed links as i am not allowed to post them here
26 August 2021, 9:05
(I removed your probation and you can post links now)
Since you have the regular LTI setup working, it seems that LTI itself works OK, and it is the Moodle plugin that is causing problems. In the plugin configuration, you only provide the wwwroot, i.e. your normal URL for Mahara rather than a deep link like in the standard LTI integration. Did you do that? Not being able to have access to your server or site to see your settings limits the investigation and thus my question may seem a bit trivial, but we first would need to establish that the settings are correct.
26 August 2021, 13:03
I did some more testing and didn't get the error messages you were seeing when using the assignment submission plugin. I did get them though when using the external tool in Moodle that only uses module_lti_launch. Please see my bug report for that. Could you please give it a go via the external tool in Moodle and confirm for me that the grade that you are giving in Mahara does make it into the Moodle gradebook? You mentioned "It worked like a charm".
Also, do you have the latest code for the assignment submission plugin? The last commits were pushed on 18 August 2021.
27 August 2021, 7:54
I resintalled it using the latest code. I will test again and provide you with more information within 24 hours.
The grades seems to not have made it back to moodle but as i will be testing again.
27 August 2021, 10:10
Good to hear from you, Akash. Please feel free to add a note to my bug report in regards to the grade not coming through.
27 August 2021, 6:01
Thank you for your response. Yes, i am using the regular url without the extra part that we have to use while configuring LTI as an external application: https://manual.mahara.org/en/21.04/external/lti_moodle.html#preconfigure-lti-for-all-courses-to-use
28 August 2021, 1:47
Case 1: Mahara 20.04 , Moodle 3.9.7
I configured the LTI external tool and everything worked on the moodle side.
1) I was able to sumbit an evalaution using a student account
2) Grading failed in mahara but it did got submitted: Mahara20.04-Grading.JPG
error : ltioutcomesubmissionfailure/module.lti
3) It certainly didn't made it to moodle but was visible in mahara after returing to evaluation page, error in mahara: Mahara20.04-GradeSaved.JPG
Case 2: Mahara 21.04, Moodle 3.9.7
1) Grading option isn't available in the interface, see student.JPGand teacher.JPG
(As mentioned in the bug report)
For these tests i used two different sets of moodle and mahara instances that have similar configurations.
30 August 2021, 9:19
Thank you for confirming the issues. The images you sent for the student are expected because a teacher first needs to confirm the LTI settings in Mahara by clicking the link in Moodle and save them. Only then can student submit a portfolio.
31 August 2021, 0:39
Sorry i just saw that i ended up uploading the same image twice for the student part. So as expected we see that message 'not allowed to submit an evaluation yet ' and afterward i logged in as a teacher's to click save and allow.
I was able to submit an evaluation and grade in v_20.04 of mahara but still got the error as shown in the image Mahara20.04-Grading.
Have a wonderful day.