Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Portfolios still blocked and in status pending in Export queue

Kemoko KEITA's profile picture

24 August 2021, 19:12

Hello

When students send portfolio to a group for evaluation, portfolio gets blocked, that's normally. But when a tutor of the group evaluate the portfolio and release it, this page or collection should be released (unblocked) for the student, but it always still blocked and in a status pending in Export queue. The portfolio becomes released when I delete it from export queue and that by an admin manually.

I don't know how many time it take to be released after evaluation.

Note: my cron is running normally and the field usepdfexport is true in the config file.

Any help please ?

Thank you in advance

Cheers,

Kemoko

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 August 2021, 11:13

Hi Kemoko,

If your cron is running normally and the archive is not released, please check if there are any error messages in your error log. Since you mention that you have the PDF export activated, I suspect that this is not working as expected. Here are a few questions:

1. Do you have Chromium installed on the server and did you run through the make command to install the required dependencies?
  2. How is Chromium installed? Is it installed via snap (if you were on Ubuntu)?
  3. What version of Mahara are you using? Are you on the latest stable release of that version? You can check that in Admin menu -> Admin home -> Overview. Only let us know the major version number, i.e. the first two number blocks as we are on a date based versioning system, but not the minor point version, i.e. the last number. So let us know 21.04 or 20.10 but not 21.04.1 or 20.10.1. ;-)
  4. What version of PHP do you have and what operating system (and version) are you using?

What if you disable the PDF export (click the 'Hide' button in the plugin administration). Are new archives made? You would need to submit a new portfolio and release it rather than assuming to use an existing one as that may still be stuck trying to do the PDF export.

Thank you

Kristina

25 August 2021, 19:54

Hi Kristina

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your questions :

1. I have installed the chromium on the server. But what dependencies are you talking about ?

2. I installed by the command apt in Debian

3. For Mahara, I am using the version 21.04

4. The php version I am using is 7.3.29 and as OS I am using a Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux, I'd say a Debian 10.

I tried to disable the PDF export but the problem still the same. But I have html and leap activated, I don't know that can cause something.

Cheers

kemoko

26 August 2021, 9:08

Hi Kemoko,

Did you also install chrome-php and then run 'make pdfexport' as mentioned on the 'Plugins administration' page before you could activate the PDF export?

Thank you

Kristina

08 September 2021, 21:54

Hello Kristina

I don't know if I did every thing right, but I installed chrome-php in my server machine, the make pdfexport doesn't work.

And the portfolios still not release  et the archiving doesn't work I think that's maybe the problem.

I am not having any solution now. Maybe another solution ?

Best regards

Kemoko

13 September 2021, 14:17

Hi Kemoko,

What do you mean by "the make pdfexport doesn't work"? Do you get an error message?

Thank you

Kristina

15 September 2021, 22:11

Hello Kristina

I mean you last message about the chrome-php and the make pdfexport..

I try many thing but I don't why portfolios still blocked and the still in the export queue...

Look at this image: the still here until I come as admin and delete them and the the portfolios will  be released.

Screenshot from 2021-09-15 11-04-03.png

Any help please ?

Cheers,

Kemoko

16 September 2021, 7:49

Hi Kemoko,

When an export hasn't been made yet, that could mean that the cron is not running as exports are made when system resources are available, which are checked on a cron job basis. Can you please disable the PDF export by clicking on the 'Hide' button next to it in the plugin administration and re-queue the current exports? Of course, if you have a test server, it would be best to do that there first so that you are not release a student's portfolio prematurely.

Thank you

Kristina

8 results