Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
upgrade mahara to centos8

shpetim aliaj's profile picture

05 August 2021, 5:24

Hi Guys,

i am trying to upgrade a test mahara from centos7 php70 to centos 8 php 7.4 i am having trouble with php mcrypt is it necessary now with the latest builds of mahara?

Also during my test updates of latest mahara from 20.04rc2 i get the error during upgrade cli command:

/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/lib/SimpleSAML/XHTML/IdPDisco.php:656Call stack (most recent first):* exception(object(ParseError)) at Unknown:0  [ParseError]: syntax error, unexpected '?' at

if i comment out the : ?string to /* :? */ part out of the fuction generation in the file the update continues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

private function getEntityDisplayName(array $idpData, string $language)/*: ?string*/
    {
        if (isset($idpData['UIInfo']['DisplayName'][$language])) {
            return $idpData['UIInfo']['DisplayName'][$language];
        } elseif (isset($idpData['name'][$language])) {
            return $idpData['name'][$language];
        } elseif (isset($idpData['OrganizationDisplayName'][$language])) {
            return $idpData['OrganizationDisplayName'][$language];
        }
        return null;
    }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=Tim

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 August 2021, 7:55

Hi Tim,

Can you please give Mahara 21.04.1 a go, which is the latest release of Mahara? SAML made a number of changes, including security updates, that would be good to use.

Thank you

Kristina

shpetim aliaj's profile picture

11 August 2021, 3:56

Hi Kristina,

Thanks a lot for your help. I tried to do it using the latest but it gives me the same error the only version i could upgrade was the next one from 20.04rc2  ""20.04.0"" if i do the change on the file it updates to the latest as well

Tim

Robert Lyon's profile picture

12 August 2021, 9:47

Hi Tim,

The SimpleSAMLPhp module is a a thirdparty module and looking at the line in their codebase

https://github.com/simplesamlphp/simplesamlphp/blame/c3cc72379218172827f90b227d5a41ac4d82919b/lib/SimpleSAML/XHTML/IdPDisco.php#L649

The change happened there 2 years ago.

It looks like your system is having trouble with the PHP type hints at the end of the function.

I'm not sure why this would be as this is something that has existed in PHP since version 7.1

I'll see if I can replicate your issue and get back to you

Cheers

Robert

4 results