Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Institute collection and page permissions are not copied

AB-Net's profile picture

30 May 2021, 19:06

Hi,

I want the collections and pages of the institution to be automatically copied when I create an account for a student who belongs to the institution.

I was able to copy the Institute's collections and pages.

The permissions set for this collection or page will not be copied.

All students in the institution want to give access to tutors in the same group.

Is there a good way?

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 May 2021, 20:35

Hi AB-Net,

Permissions are not copied automatically. That would be a new feature that you can create.

When you set up templates in groups, you can push those out to existing group members. There is the possibility to retain view access when the portfolio is copied. However, then every group member would be able to see the portfolio. You could change the code to allow the access only to tutors and group admins though.

Cheers

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

01 June 2021, 1:16

Hi Kristina.

Thank you for answering.

> There is the possibility to retain view access when the portfolio is copied. 

I thought it was a good idea and tried it.

I want to keep students from seeing other students' portfolios.

We want only tutors and group admins to have access to our student portfolio.

Can smart evidence maps be used when groups create pages or collections?

Is it possible to send it to the teacher when the student finishes inputting the annotation, or to release it after the teacher evaluates it?

Thank you.

AB-Net.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 June 2021, 14:46

Hi AB-Net,

If you only want tutors and group admins to see student portfolios, could you use the functionality to submit a portfolio to a group? That automatically excludes group members from gaining access. Alternatively, students could share their portfolio by searching for the group and selecting to only share it with tutors and admins. That only works though when you search for the group rather than select it from the menu.

SmartEvidence cannot yet be added to a collection in a group. There is already a wishlist item for it on our tracker and just waits for someone to implement it.

Cheers

Kristina

AB-Net's profile picture

23 June 2021, 18:39

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for answering.

> That only works though when you search for the group rather than select it from the menu.

I will try this operation for a while.

> There is already a wishlist item for it on our tracker and just waits for someone to implement it.

I'm waiting for the feature to be implemented.

Thank you.

AB-Net.

5 results