Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Our installation doesn´t send any mail....

Margari León's profile picture

28 April 2021, 20:18

Hello, we installed the last version of Mahara but the system doesn´t send any email.... It doesn´t show any error message.

Please, could you give me some advice?

Thank you in advance.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 May 2021, 13:34

Hi Margari,

Did you configure a mail server on your server that can handle the sending of mails? This needs to be done outside of Mahara.

Cheers

Kristina

04 May 2021, 22:38

Hi Kristina,

Yes, we have an external mail server that answer from the commands line, but it doesn´t work with Mahara...

Please, could you suggest  us any test? or could you give us any clue about what could be the problem?

Thank you in advance.

11 May 2021, 20:26

Hello community, someone could suggest me any test or documentation around that? We are blocked with this problem.

We receive this message from the system but it doesn´t help us to identify the problem.

Thank you very much.

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

12 May 2021, 3:57

Hello,

If you have actually set up an SMTP host then I would suspect the network is blocking port 25. If you are using a third party hosting provider they usually block this port to stop server sending spam. You server firewall might be blocking it as well. 

I would also try removing your SMTP host information from your Mahara configuration and see if the system sends through PHP.

I will bet it is the port though.

Aitor R I's profile picture

12 May 2021, 23:28

Hi Margarita,

The issue could be related to PHPMailer. In order to connect to a external SMTP server, PHP newest versions requirements are much more demanding. Although it is not recommended PHPMailer accepts the following settings (github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting#certificate-verification-failure):

$mail->SMTPOptions = [
    'ssl' => [
        'verify_peer' => false,
        'verify_peer_name' => false,
        'allow_self_signed' => true,
    ]
];

Applying theses settings PHPMailer avoids checking selfsigned servername certificates.

On the other hand, check, if PHPMailer is using tls or ssl to connect to sMTP server:

$mail->SMTPSecure = 'tls';

$mail->SMTPSecure = 'ssl';

Regards.

6 results