Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Page Layout a little buggy?

Lisa Donaldson's profile picture

21 April 2021, 5:51

Hi all,

I'm curious. Is anyone else having any difficulty with page layouts and rearranging same? It's happened to me and to some of my students that I rearrange blocks on a page, go to view it, and I realise that they have shifted in some way? It typically happens (for me anyway) that it is the last block that I moved or resized. I can resize a block, click on view, and it has reset itself back to the original size. Is that common or just my installation here?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Lisa

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 April 2021, 10:28

Hi Lisa,

I haven't come across that problem or heard of it and wonder if there was an issue during the upgrade from a prior version that didn't have Gridstack. Could you please provide some more information, in particular from which version of Mahara you were upgrading and which version you are on now (major version only so that we don't post too much detail here). We assume that instances are on the latest minor point releases of the version they are on when we do testing.

Does it happen on every page or is it seemingly random? If it seems to be random, can you detect some things that are similar, e.g. pages with certain media types, large / short pages, number of blocks etc.

Does it happen all the time on the same page or just after the first conversion?

Is there anything in the error log when a page is updated?

Thank you

Kristina

21 April 2021, 21:44

Thanks for coming back to me Kristina.

We went from 19.04 to 20.04.

I can't see any pattern but the video here will show you what is happening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/14gscE55M5n0ig_ARbUAkFAK6qxXY1JNC/view?usp=sharing

It doesn't happen with every page but I have been trying to help this student for 30 mins and I can NOT rearrange the page correctly. I have no access to error logs from here.

Thanks a mill,

Lisa

23 April 2021, 8:09

Thank you for the video, Lisa. This does require a bit of testing directly on your instance of Mahara (a test instance or does it only happen on your production site?), which we can't do it via the forums. Your provider would be the first port of call for troubleshooting.

Thank you

Kristina

17 May 2021, 9:06

Hi Lisa,

I could replicate the issue while testing a fix for the layout. The problem is happening for me only when I add a new row at the very top of the page (see the video). A colleague had mentioned the jumping of the blocks in a comment, and thus I paid close attention.

Can you please check on your site when the blocks jump? Is it by positioning them anywhere on the page or when you specifically add a new block at the top of the page?

Thank you

Kristina

17 May 2021, 22:42

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for getting back to me! I can see from the video, you have having an issue too.

Our issues stem, not from adding additional blocks but 1)from rearranging existing blocks as per original video and 2)when adding and resizing a block anywhere, the resizing doesn't not 'stick' when viewed.  I have attached a video.

Thanks for checking - there is definitely something odd occurring.

Cheers,

Lisa

• Block resizing error.mp4
6 results