Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Group Search

A.Emily's profile picture

27 March 2021, 14:49

Good Day!

I'm currently setting up mahara 20.10 for our college using MySQL as the DB. I am looking into the search function of Mahara and I was trying to search a specific group under one group category.

For example, there is a group category called Faculty of Law. Under Faculty of Law group category, there might be hundreds of group named by batch. It may look like this: FL2020/2021, FL2019/202018, FAB2020..etc.

I was trying to view only the group with the name that has 2020 under the Faculty of Law. Is there away to do this? From what I study in mahara, I can only search until category. I might not fully explore mahara yet. There might be some way to do this that I might not aware of yet. I would really appreciate it if anyone could guide me on this. Thank you in advance.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 March 2021, 7:20

Hi Emily,

You can search for a group name by using the group search functionality on the 'Groups' overview page. If you use Elasticsearch for fulltext search capabilities, you could find content more easily. Elasticsearch does require its own setup, but once done can be integrated with Mahara easily.

Cheers

Kristina

A.Emily's profile picture

29 March 2021, 22:27

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and try setting up elastic search after seeing your reply. However I encounter error regarding the IP. Where should i change the default IP for elastic search? I did search on google and I saw  that I can change it on config/elasticsearch.yml. But there is no such file in the source file of mahara 20.10. Then I try replacing the elasticsearch folder in mahara source file with a new elastic search I downloaded from https://www.elastic.co/downloads/elasticsearch  which trigger a fatal error. 

Where should i change the default IP for elastic search if there are no config/elasticsearch.yml ?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

07 April 2021, 11:20

Hi Emily,

If I understand you correctly you want to get Mahara to talk to an elasticsearch server but not on the default IP/port?

There are settings that you can change in you local htdocs/lib/config-defaults.php file.

The settings I am meaning are listed here:

https://git.mahara.org/mahara/mahara/-/blob/master/htdocs/lib/config-defaults.php#L520

Where you can un-comment the lines you need to change. This way you can specify a different IP / port

Cheers

Robert

4 results