Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Where can I confirm LTI assessment settings?

Shen Zhang's profile picture

16 March 2021, 17:34

Hi

I'm trying to follow the instruction to set up the Mahara-Canvas integration. However, I'm a bit lost following the instruction as below:

https://manual.mahara.org/en/19.04/external/lti_mahara.html#lti-assessment-settings

Where would I go about confirming the activity settings as a teacher please?

Many thanks

Shen

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 March 2021, 7:57

Hi Shen,

The assessment settings are confirmed when you click the assignment in Canvas as lecturer. You are taken to Mahara where you will see that screen.

Cheers

Kristina

17 March 2021, 9:11

Hi Kristina

Thank you for following up my question. 

When I click on the assignment in Canvas as a lecturer, it gives me an error message. I've attached it to this post.

Any idea what I might have done wrong? 

Many thanks

Shen

• Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 9.03.57 AM.png

17 March 2021, 15:24

Hi Shen,

I haven't seen that specific error message yet, but please check that you have 'Auto-create accounts' turned on for LTI in 'External apps' in Mahara by clicking the 'Manage' button. Hope that resolves it as it's not able to find you in Mahara, which makes me think that the auto creation is the problem.

Cheers

Kristina

17 March 2021, 16:12

Hi Kristina

The Auto-create accounts setting is turned to YES for the Web services configuration. Please see the attached screenshot for details.

Anything else we could check please?

Kind regards

Shen

• Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 4.09.29 PM.png

18 March 2021, 11:28

Hi Shen,

Does the account that you are trying to log in to already exist on your Mahara site? Is it going into the correct institution? Are there any (other) error messages in the error log?

Cheers

Kristina

6 results