Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding a new quick link

A.Emily's profile picture

10 March 2021, 16:27

Hi, I wonder how I can update one new quick link in the dashboard page. Can someone guide me on this, please?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 March 2021, 7:36

Hi Emily,

The 'Create', 'Share', 'Engage' elements are stored in the homeinfo.tpl file in the 'Raw' theme. There are sections for the homepage and the dashboard. If you have a custom theme, you can set up your own homeinfo.tpl. If you want to change that file for all themes on your site, I recommend going with a local theme override because then you do not touch core code and your file is not updated when we make updates. On the other hand, if there are major changes to the default homeinfo.tpl file, then you may want to change your local file accordingly.

Cheers

Kristina

11 March 2021, 17:07

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your help. I've tried your suggestion and I manage to add the new quick link. But now I have a new issue I need to solve. Currently I am trying to add a new menu item that will point to another website. I've tried to make changes in lib/web.php file in function mahara_standard_nav() by adding  new lines :

'external' => array(
            'path' => '',
            'url'  => myexternalsitelink,
            'title' => get_string('MyExternalSite'),
            'weight' => 20,
            'iconclass' => 'plus',
        ),

but nothing happen. Where else should I edit so the changes will take place on my page ?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 March 2021, 8:06

Hi Emily,

The navigation menu is cached. If you make changes to it, please go to 'Admin menu' -> 'Admin home' -> 'Overview' and click the 'Clear caches' button. Then when you refresh the page, your menu item should appear if it's set correctly.

Cheers

Kristina

17 March 2021, 14:22

Hi, I see. Thank you for your reply. It's a great help for me who is new to mahara. Have a great day ahead! Cheers!

5 results