Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to migrate smart evidence

Paul Raper's profile picture

22 October 2021, 22:28

Hi Kristina,

I do agree that there other ways to create the Smart Evidence forms, but they are way more difficult, and, as with our instance, it's a bit of a pain to create something, ask for it to be imported, then find you have an error when you can see it as it should be, so, you have to go back to the JSON file, re-edit it, re-import it etc. etc.

I think that if we, in our circumstance were:

• Using a stand alone Mahara instance where we had the freedom to access all the feature
  • Were able to edit existing frameworks in situ

I would agree with you, but using Smart Evidence in our instance is a real pain in the neck, and hence few will make use of it.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 October 2021, 8:23

Hi Paul,

I'm not disagreeing. When features are implemented, they are implemented the way someone envisaged it and the amount of budget available, be that internal or external by working with us or another development company. We believe in providing features quickly to give the community access to them, discuss them and find ways to improve on them. Those improvements can then be someone else's project. If you institution would like to sponsor this new feature, it'll certainly get done faster.

Thank you

Kristina

12 results