Forums | Mahara Community
Mahara 20.10 is here
22 October 2020, 21:26
We hope you continue to stay healthy and safe and greet you from our little place in the Pacific Ocean. May we present Mahara 20.10? It is available for download and installation. There are a great number of new features and additions in this release that support assessment or certification and integration with learning management systems in particular.
Highlights in Mahara 20.10 include:
- Portfolio completion progress page
- New theme 'Maroon'
- 'Quick edit' option on text blocks
- Lock page and artefact instructions
- Mahara assignment submission plugin (web services based) for Moodle support
- Increase the base font size and page width
Other notable new features include:
- Better login redirect for external authentication methods
- Monitoring module to keep a track of fails like cron, Elasticsearch, and LDAP
- Redis session management doesn't require Sentinel any more
- Ability to change old embedded URLs into correct ones if the site changes its domain name
View the Mahara manual for these new features as well as changed functionality. Please note that the manual is currently still being updated for all new features, and we expect to have that done within the next two weeks.
You can check out the feature release video.
How to install or upgrade
If you are looking for translations, have a look at the language packs information page.
Mahara 19.10 and 20.04 are still supported for security updates. The support for Mahara 19.04 ends now. Support for Mahara 19.10 will end in April 2021, Mahara 20.04 will be supported until October 2021. Mahara 20.10 will receive updates until April 2022.
For more information, please see our release cycle.
We recommend you upgrade to 20.10 as that gives you the longest support time frame at the moment. If your organisation uses Mahara 19.10 or 20.04, you can stay on either version until their support runs out. If you cannot upgrade to a supported version of Mahara right away, you can purchase our extended security support.
All site administrators running a supported version of Mahara are encouraged to subscribe to our security announcements.
Support and bugs
If you find any bugs in this new release, please feel free to use our bug tracker to report them.
If you need help with anything, the support forum is the best place to ask your question.
The Mahara manual is in the process of being updated for Mahara 20.10.
Many organisations contributed to the release of Mahara 20.10 through funding new features and bug fixes and discussing the platform in general. We want to thank the following organisations (in alphabetical order) for their support of this release:
We also wish to thank the people who contributed code to this release. They are listed according to the number of changesets:
|Cecilia Vela Gurovic||72||24.8%|
|Aatharsh Girishwar Vijaya Sugumar||1||0.3%|
|Re-applied changes as part of plugin upgrades|
Fun statistic on the number of changed lines, which changes the picture a bit:
|Cecilia Vela Gurovic||3,749||11.3%|
|Aatharsh Girishwar Vijaya Sugumar||35||0.1%|
And the organisations they work for or are associated with:
The most complete translations at the time of writing (at least 90%):
- Arabic: Contributors over time: Cambridge Assessment, Muhammad Aljaber
- Basque. Contributors over time: Abel Camacho, Asier Iturralde Sarasola, Ibai Oihanguren Sala, Iñaki Arenaza, José Miguel Andonegi, Juan Ezeiz, Ramón Ovelar
- Czech. Contributors over time: Adam Pátek, David Mudrák, Jiřina Nováková, Lukáš Kotek, Marek Drahovzal, Matouš Trča, Veronika Karičáková, tjakes, Tomáš Jeřábek, Viktor Fuglík
- Dutch. Contributors over time: Balaam's Miracle, Bas Brands, Eric, Jeroen Hendrickx, Joost Elshoff, Koen Roggemans, M Kerkhoff, Marinka van der Kolk, Raoul Dorrisen, rmob, Snicksie, Volker Schmidt
- French. Contributors over time: Alain Benoit, Alain Bolli, Alexandre Croteau, Anne017, Aurelien Besson, Cmathieu, David Truong, Dominique-Alain Jan, Emilie Lenel, Équipe StudiUM, Eric Breton, François Lizotte, Giulia Vighetti, Hélène V., Jean Marc, londumas, Melvin Romero, Pascale Hyboud-Peron, Paula Caterino, Philippe Petitqueux, Pierre Guinoiseau, sic, Stéphane, Yannick Cordel
- German. Contributors over time: Andy Hediger, Anne Spindler, Christian Kleinhanss, Daniel Winzen, Dennis Baudys, eledia, Ernst Artner, Ettore Atalan, finnnns, Gunnar Staniczek, Heinz Krettek, Jan Behrens, Jürgen Friedrich, Kristina Hoeppner, M. Ehlers, Marcel Debray, Mathias, Michael Engel, Michael Wuttke, Moritz Ringler, Nico Verse, Patrick Neumann, Ralf Hilgenstock, Ralph Ballier, Silas Zahner, Sonia Coiro, Stefanie Berger, Steffen Pegenau, Stephan Woidowski, Tobias Bannert
- Japanese. Contributor over time: Mitsuhiro Yoshida
- Te reo Māori. Contributor over time: Ian Cormack
- Portuguese. Contributor over time: David Pereira, Emanuel Garcês, José Lencastre, Leandro Mendes Ferreira
There are many more translations of Mahara at varying stages of completeness.
The Mahara manual is also being translated. Many thanks to everyone contributing to that.
We want to acknowledge other groups of people as well who contributed to Mahara 20.10: graphic designers, business analysts, UX researchers, accessibility consultants, testers, documentation writers, system administrators, developers improving supporting infrastructure, and security researchers.
The 20.10 Release Managers at Catalyst