Forums | Mahara Community
Preview Mahara 20.10
23 September 2020, 16:19
Hello Mahara community,
We are pleased to invite you preview Mahara 20.10. You can now download the codebase and test the new features.
If you come across any bugs, please report them as soon as possible. We will then review them and decide whether they would need to be fixed before the stable release of Mahara 20.10.0.
We are planning on making Mahara 20.10.0 available in the second half of October 2020.
You can download the release candidate or access it on Git.
We have numerous new features in Mahara 20.10. To quickly find them we've added the "newfeature" tag to them.
This are the major features we will be including:
- Portfolio completion progress page
- New theme 'Maroon'
- 'Quick edit' option on text blocks
- Mahara assignment submission plugin for Moodle support
- Better login redirect for external authentication methods
- Lock page and artefact instructions
- Monitoring module to keep a track of fails like cron, Elasticsearch, and LDAP
- Increase the base font size and page width
- Ability to change old embedded URLs into correct ones if the site changes its domain name
- Allow redis function without needing sentinel
Currently, we are updating the Mahara manual. Stay tuned for an update on that.
You can view a list of all the bugs that have been fixed and new features that will go into Mahara 20.10.
If you reported bugs and they have been fixed, pay particular attention to them and check that all is working now.
If bugs are found that are critical to the working of Mahara, we may produce another release candidate. Otherwise, this release candidate will become the final 20.10.0 release.
You can use our developer instance developer instance to check out the new features of Mahara (that don't require site administrator access) if you can't install it yourself.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Mahara 20.10 Release Managers at Catalyst
Edits to this post:
- Kristina Hoeppner - 23 September 2020, 19:29
15 October 2020, 19:53
We'd like to thank everyone who's been testing the first preview version of Mahara 20.10. There is a new version available for download that includes fixes for issues that you reported, and that we wanted to fix before the final release.
If you want to test this version, please feel free to install it on a non-production site and give it a go.