Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Emails not sent

Peter Westebbe's profile picture

11 May 2020, 1:33

Hi,

maybe the server configuration changed. It's not possible to send emails out of Mahara. What I get is the error message "SMTP connect() failed". I don't know what to do to reconfigure the server or to install a proper email configuration. The Server uses VPN.

This is the full message:

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 July 2020, 3:46

Hi Peter, i am having the same error and notifications are not sent plus new users can not register to my mahara site. (but when the user retries to register, there is a message that this email address is already regidtered) I have set the email configurations right and looked around for a clear cut solution in vain. Did you get a solution to this?  Any help is welcome

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 November 2020, 10:23

Hi Pat,

There seem to be two problems:

• Server needs to be set up to allow the sending of emails
  • People are already registered with the email address

The second is easy to check in the 'People search' (Admin menu -> People -> People search). The other one requires server configuration outside of Mahara. Please check with your system administrator on that.

Best,

Kristina

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 November 2020, 10:21

Hi Peter,

I hope your system administrators could help with the server setup for sending emails. That needs to be done outside of Mahara. I think, phpmailer is used in many cases. If your SMTP server requires authentication, you can enter those details in the site options (Admin menu -> Configure site -> Site options -> Email settings).

Best,

Kristina

4 results