Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Retrieval of 'lost' content

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

07 April 2020, 23:56

Hello

Where a student has accidentally removed some journals, is there any possibility of retrieving them?   They are gone from his account, not just his page.

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 April 2020, 21:03

Hi Marion,

It's going to be a bit of a long way to get that back: You can install a backup of your site from the last backup before the student deleted their portfolio and then export the student's content via Leap2A. During the import you can specify whether you want all the pages and content or only specific ones. If you want to minimise what is exported so as not having to choose what to import, you could place the journal on a page and only import the page. That will bring the journal along.

To be on the safe side, make sure that the student enabled having multiple journals in their account settings.

Best,

Kristina

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

13 April 2020, 23:32

Thanks for your reply, Kristina.

I've been in touch with our Mahara host in the meantime but they advise me they are unable to retrieve the content. 

Students, of course, are generally advised to export their portfolios but can't say for sure if this one was told as I hadn't had contact with him before.   Many prepare their journals in a text editor and copy into Mahara but that wasn't the case here.  I feel his pain and hope the lesson is learned.

I gather there is a feature request for a recycle bin so that might help to some extent.

Regards

Marion

3 results