Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Customisations with Configurations or Coding?

Neal Lawrence's profile picture

17 March 2020, 7:51

Dear Developers,

I am just checking on a few things to do with customising Mahara:

1. Can the preset wording on the Mahara portfolio be changed, e.g. replacing the words Pages and Collections with Learning Projects.
  2. Can the preset words in the pop-up boxes be changed to reflect a customised portfolio with its own brand?
  3. Does Mahara have a calendar or would it need to be integrated?
  4. Can the above be done by configurations, additional coding or plugins?

Best regards

Neal Lawrence

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 April 2020, 21:10

Hi Neal,

Thanks for your patience. The last few weeks have been interesting to say the least. I hope you are doing well.

To answer your questions:

1. You can change all the words in Mahara. This is best done via a custom language pack.
  2. The same goes for any help files. :-)
  3. There is no calendar at present, and I'm not aware of a calendar being worked on at the moment. that question had come up a couple of times in the past but didn't gather much momentum. I think a calendar would be successful if it can be connected to an existing one rather than having a special one just in Mahara that can't communicate with ones own.
  4. A calendar can be implemented via a plugin if someone is going to write it. The language pack customisations are possible by placing certain files into the /local folder as described on the linked wiki page.

Best,

Kristina

2 results