Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Portfolio scrutiny & Date stamp

Rachel Jobes's profile picture

25 January 2020, 22:53

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before. 

We do assessments on portfolio pages usually saved in topics.  We also do portfolio scrutiny every so often to check quality for OFSTED.  I can find date and time stamp for images and files and videos however if it is a text block on a page where can I find that?  If we do scrutiny in feb and then in march I won't be able to tell what was looked at one month to the next?  Is there a plugin or extension.

Thanks

Rache

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 January 2020, 18:27

Hi Rachel,

There is no visible time stamp for note or text blocks. I think it might not be too difficult to display the time stamp for the note block as the creation and modified dates are saved in the database. In Mahara 19.10 we introduced the "Details" mode, which opens a modal from the right-hand side when more information is available. So that could be added to notes, for example.

Your students could also use the "Save to timeline" feature and save a version of their page every time they make significant changes so you can go back in time of what a page looked like earlier in the creation process.

Cheers

Kristina

Rachel Jobes's profile picture

30 January 2020, 5:35

Thanks Kristina - I've had a look at the notes block it isn't there currently but I understand what you are saying re the 'details' link it's similar to what appears when they load up image / media.

Do you know of any plans to implement it for the notes column?

Thanks

Rachel

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 January 2020, 7:32

Hi Rachel,

We do not have any active or planned projects that would display the dates when a note was created and updated. If you'd like to sponsor that feature though, we can look into it.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results