Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Edit Mahara Default Header

12 August 2019, 22:44

Hope everyone is doing great. 

I now have Mahara version 18.10.2 (2018091213). I forgot how I managed to change the default Mahara title and logo on the top left (header) of each page. I'd like to edit it to show the name of my site. I'd also like to change the footer Mahara name and logo, but I heard that's not possible on Mahara version 18.10.2 (2018091213). 

Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thank you.

14 August 2019, 3:10

Here's a screenshot of the the header that I'd like to edit. 

Edit Mahara Header.png

Robert Lyon's profile picture

14 August 2019, 7:53

Hi,

To change the top banner logo you will need to go to Administration -> Institutions

And edit the particular institution. If you want to change it site wide you will need to edit the 'No institution' one

For more info https://manual.mahara.org/en/19.04/administration/institutions.html#overview

As for the footer logo there is no easy way to change this one.

The image is fetched from the theme, eg if using 'Raw' theme then the file(s) in the theme/raw/images/ directory are looked at. It looks for a file called powered_by_mahara with any of the following extensions (in order) .svg, .png, .gif, .jpg and returns the first one it finds.

But if you are using a custom theme you can add a powered_by_mahara file into your theme's images/ subdirectory so that your version is found first, eg

theme/yourtheme/images/powered_by_mahara.jpg file will be found before theme/raw/powered_by_mahara.svg and returned instead.

Hope that helps

Robert

14 August 2019, 16:42

Thank you for your help, Robert. 

I edited the No Institution, but received a message that the short name could not be changed. It would remain "mahara".  The only way I was able to change it was to add an image.  

Mahara short name can't be changed .png.1

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 August 2019, 8:50

Hi Nellie,

The short name is just an internal name that doesn't appear elsewhere. It has nothing to do with the site logo or the site name. You can change it in the database but I wouldn't recommend it as it may have undesirable effects.

Cheers

Kristina

20 August 2019, 21:49

Thanks for the warning. I won't go there. 

6 results