Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
LTI Integration with D2L Brightspace

10 April 2019, 19:48

Hi everyone,

We're attempting to setup an LTI integration with D2L Brightspace but currently encountering a few problems.

The documentation only seems to refer to Moodle, Canvas and Blackboard, so other than the key and secret, we're not entirely sure what configuration settings we should be using.

Has anyone managed to successfully integrate Mahara with Brightspace and if so, do you have any guidance?

Many thanks

Richard

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 April 2019, 12:46

Hi Richard,

I'm afraid I don't know anyone using D2L Brightspace and thus haven't been able to set up LTI there in order to document what is needed. If you like, we can schedule an online session to go through the setup together and try to figure out what needs to go where and document the settings. I'll send you a private message.

Cheers

Kristina

Gary Abbott's profile picture

08 April 2020, 3:25

Hi Richard and Kristina,

D2L is very interested in improving the integration between Mahara and Brightspace. We have resolved the launch URL, custom parameters, keys, and secrets to establish a navbar link launch into Mahara; however, we are blocked from producing a more functional LTI integration by the incapability of a Mahara launch in an iFrame, which is how most LTI activities are set up in different tools and workflows throughout Brightspace.

Kristina and team - how can D2L help with removing this barrier?

This forum post, as well as one from friends at Ghent University and the University of the Highlands & Islands (topic #8388, my account is not allowed to post links), and our current discussions with other Mahara customers preparing to move to Brightspace make this a very important feature to resolve together.

Thanks and take care!

Gary

13 April 2020, 21:00

Hi Gary,

I think one way is to modify the code to allow certain trusted sources through so that an iframe representation is possible. I'm glad we did get the connection to work between D2L and Mahara. It'll be good to refine the process and see what changes could be made on D2L to make it simpler to connect and choose the settings that are required for either just the SSO or SSO + assignment submission.

Best,

Kristina

Gary Abbott's profile picture

14 April 2020, 3:46

Are there any plans to make Mahara compliant with IMS LTI v1.3? Many additional features and resolutions would come from support of this newer LTI version.

22 April 2020, 7:56

Hi Gary,

Yes. It is on our long-term roadmap, i.e. not yet scheduled.

Best,

Kristina

27 April 2022, 9:54

Hi Gary,

I found this forum topic again and would like to give you an update in case you haven't seen the LTI 1.3 Advantage integration with Brighspace yet. How to set up the connection on Brightspace is described in the manual along with the settings needed in Mahara.

Thank you

Kristina

7 results