Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
Mahara mobile app

Shen Zhang's profile picture

05 April 2019, 16:52

Hi

We have been testing the Mahara mobile app recently and there are a couple of things that we are a bit puzzled about. Our Mahara version is 18.04.3.

1. The app gives this error "Unable to login to server. Is the server address correct?" (when they entered the web address of our Mahara and tried to log in) for some users but not others. We checked in the system and there is nothing strange about the accounts that have login issues.

2. The mobile app downloaded on Samsung S9 does not allow users to log in at all, even for the accounts that can log in from apple phones.  

Does anyone else experience similar issues?  

Kind regards

Shen

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 April 2019, 20:39

Hi Shen,

I wonder if part of your problem is similar to the one reported at https://github.com/MaharaProject/mahara-mobile/issues/57

That wouldn't explain why it works on iOS but not Samsung though. That would need further looking into.

Cheers

Kristina

08 April 2019, 9:26

Hi Kristina

Thanks for the information. This is very helpful. 

This issue happened on Lisa's account. I set her account to be internal and put in a password under her account. Then changed it back to using LDAP. She was able to log in on the Mobile App after the change.

Lisa did mention that she was able to log into the app in the past. Is this a bug in the Mahara system on version 18.04.3 ? Will there be a fix to this issue soon? All our users are created with LDAP authentication and won't have internal Mahara passwords set.

We have a lecturer who wants to promote the use of the Mobile App for her class. It will be great if we could have a solution soon.

Kind regards

Shen

08 April 2019, 15:40

Regarding the issue of Mahara app not working on my Samsung device, I borrowed a few Android devices and tried the Mahara app on them. I can confirm that the app isn't working on any of the Android devices.

Is there an issue for the Mahara app on Android?

Kind regards

Shen

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 April 2019, 12:50

The issue was a missing intermediate certificate that was fixed, and now the app can be used on all devices again.

5 results