Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Login fails after 18.10 upgrade

Luca Oppizzi's profile picture

03 April 2019, 1:46

Hi,

I cannot enter my admin interface anymore after I upgraded to 18.10 (from 18.04), while the portfolio is still readable on frontend.

When I try to login, I receive the following error:

"Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system."

Changing my password didn't solve the issue.

My hosted server runs on 10.1.37-MariaDB and php 7.3.3.

The only change to my server after 18.04 is the upgrade from php 5.6 o php 7.3.3.

Mahara upgraded fine, but logging in isn't possible anymore since then.

Any help is appreciated.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 April 2019, 14:42

Hi Luca,

Can you please check your error log for the full error message? We do not display details of errors on a production server.

Thank you

Kristina

P.S. If you did want to try resetting your admin password in the meantime, you can do so with a CLI command:

sudo -u www-data php htdocs/admin/cli/reset_password.php -u=admin -p=changeme
Luca Oppizzi's profile picture

06 April 2019, 0:36

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for helping.

Where can I put my error log for you to see?

I can't access the server terminal to exec your command line, but I can change the password through php myadmin, what table values are to be changed?

Thanks again,

Luca

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

07 April 2019, 20:42

Hi Luca,

You can upload the error log and then link it in here or put it into a pastebin. In any case, make sure not to paste anything that would compromise the security of your install.

You can't change the password in the database table as all passwords are hashed and thus not provided in clear text in the database. If you have another account that you can log in, you could make that a site admin account via the database. Set the column "admin" to "1" in the database table "usr" for the account in question.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results