Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Swipe-like mouse behavior when browsing a portoflio - on PC

Eric Breton's profile picture

14 March 2019, 2:05

Hello,

I wanted to get your opinion on this case, which I am not sure yet if it is a feature, or a bug. When we try to select some text from the beginning of a paragraph and to the right, it's like if we go back to the previous page in the portfolio.

When we rather try to select some text from right to left, we are brought to the next page of the portfolio !

I prepared a short sample video of 10 seconds, showing this effect. It is like if the mouse, when a button is maintained clicked, acts as a swipe, like a swipe from a finger on a mobile device.

Since I cannot add link to video, please contact me and I will send it to you by another way. It has no sound, ans makes 226kb.

So, is it a feature, some mobile-like behavior, or it is a bug ?

We have the latest 18.10 version. Also, this is totally a guess, but when I display the source code of that page, from a browser (Chrome) on Windows, I see in script inclusions this one : js/jquery/jquery-mobile/jquery.mobile.custom.min.js?v=93

Is it okay for the web browser, pc version of Mahara, to have loaded this mobile jquery file ?

Thank you,
Eric

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 March 2019, 11:07

Hi Eric,

This is a known issue in Mahara. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1749308 We have not yet the time to look into this and won't be able to do for 19.04, hence why I removed the milestone from the bug.

Cheers

Kristina

Eric Breton's profile picture

15 March 2019, 6:31

Hello Kristina,

thank you very much with this answer, this is totally okay for us. In the meantime, I recommended to the user to do a triple-click to be able to select at least the paragraph which she wants to copy, so she'll be able to paste it elsewhere.

Thank you again !

Eric

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 March 2019, 14:04

Thanks for sharing the triple-click trick, Eric.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results