Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Can't upload photos from iPad

Sam Smucker's profile picture

20 November 2018, 7:43

My institution recently upgraded its Mahara installation to v. 18.10 and since the update, users can no longer upload images stored on their iPads when accessing the site via iPad. More specifically, they can upload photos from the Content > Files page, but they can't upload photos when on the actual portfolio page itself. When they click the "upload file" button in the "Image" pane on the portfolio page, they're taken to their iPad's camera screen to take a picture, but there is no option to select an image previously saved on the device. Is this intentional? Is there a workaround?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 November 2018, 1:22

Hi Sam,

Please see the fix at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1794724 The problem you describe sounds like the one that was resolved recently.

Cheers

Kristina

Sam Smucker's profile picture

27 November 2018, 6:40

Thanks, Kristina!

How do I apply the patch to my installation of Mahara? My installation is not via github.

Thanks,

Sam

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 November 2018, 9:29

Hi Sam,

You should install the latest minor point update. We made updates for Mahara 18.04 and it is also in the new release of Mahara 18.10. If you are not using Git, you can download the full source code from the link of the Mahara version that you have on the bug report and then install it as usual.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results