Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara core installation fail

Bruno Balmisse's profile picture

06 November 2018, 20:32

Hello everyone and excuse me in advance for my bad english.

I am installing Mahara for the first time on a web server. The files are online, the mysql database is created, and when I go to the installation page, I get the message "Failed to upgrade" on the core component.

I'm not in production and I get the following logs (end) :

[334] => CREATE TABLE usr_roles (
    role VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
    see_block_content TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
CONSTRAINT  PRIMARY KEY (role)
)ENGINE=innodb
)

How can I finish the installation of Mahara?
Thank you for your help.

Cecilia Vela's profile picture

07 November 2018, 8:55

Hi Bruno,

can you let us know the mysql and php version you are using?

It could also be helpful if you paste a bit more of the logs you get when trying to run the installation, there must be an error message  that can give us an idea of the issue.

Regards,

Cecilia

07 November 2018, 20:54

Hi and thanks Cecilia,

MySQL : 10.0.36-MariaDB - MariaDB Server

Current PHP version : 7.0

I am a new user of the forum and I can not yet attach files

I see a lot of errors, examples (exepts 'already exists' errors) :

[DBG] 9e (lib/dml.php:157) mysqli error: [1709: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.] in EXECUTE("CREATE TABLE config (
    field VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
    value LONGTEXT,
CONSTRAINT  PRIMARY KEY (field)
)ENGINE=innodb")Command was: CREATE TABLE config (
    field VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
    value LONGTEXT,
CONSTRAINT  PRIMARY KEY (field)
)ENGINE=innodb

[DBG] 9e (lib/dml.php:157) mysqli error: [1146: Table 'bbalmisse_portfoli.event_subscription' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("CREATE INDEX evensubs_eve_ix ON event_subscription (event)")Command was: CREATE INDEX evensubs_eve_ix ON event_subscription (event)

[DBG] 9e (lib/dml.php:157) mysqli error: [1146: Table 'bbalmisse_portfoli.institution' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("CREATE INDEX inst_sty_ix ON institution (style)")Command was: CREATE INDEX inst_sty_ix ON institution (style)

[DBG] 9e (lib/dml.php:157) mysqli error: [1005: Can't create table `bbalmisse_portfoli`.`group_member` (errno: 150 "Foreign key constraint is incorrectly formed")] in EXECUTE("CREATE TABLE group_member (

Thanks for your help !

Cecilia Vela's profile picture

12 November 2018, 8:36

Hi Bruno,

looking at this error

mysqli error: [1709: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.] in EXECUTE("CREATE TABLE config

makes me think problem is in the database you're trying to use rather than Mahara code.  Please check the settings in your MySql and database. If you fix this error and you still have problems, please let us know.

Cecilia

12 November 2018, 20:11

Hi Cecilia,

It is a web host and the databases are theoretically fully functional and configured. I do not encounter any such concerns with my other apps.

According to you, what should I check on the databases?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 December 2018, 13:57

Hi Bruno,

Have you tried reducing the column size? The error message that Cecilia extracted from what you had posted alluded to that. It looks like it needs to be less than 767 bytes:

Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.

Cheers
Kristina

6 results