Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Getting reports on groups

25 September 2018, 10:15

Dear All,

We have a controlled group which is set to allow submissions and the tutors expressed interest in been able to see a report on the group activities (similar to the logs in Moodle). I had a quick look around as a tutor and could not find a way to do this - is it possible?

Regards,

George

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 September 2018, 9:38

Hello George,

If you use Mahara 17.10 or later, you can get collaboration reports on group activity in Mahara. It does require that you have Elasticsearch installed and do event logging to gather that data.

Cheers

Kristina

27 September 2018, 4:51

Dear Kristina,

Many thanks for the prompt reply and the information, it is really useful!

From a quick look on the page from the manual you referenced, it looks like these are institution-wide reports on a number of different categories, but I am looking for something like in a group assignment to have a breakdown like George uploaded Assignment 1 Draft on Monday, 12:30, Kristina uploaded Assignment 2 on 12:12 and so on (a bit like Moodle logs).

I looked through the administration options but could not find anything like that - am I looking at the wrong place or this is not possible?

Regards,

George

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 September 2018, 19:59

Hello George,

You can get the information about the submission date when your students are allowed to submit portfolios to a group and the group pages block displays submitted portfolios. We do not make any other reports on submission available (yet) in the reports section.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results