Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
SmartEvidence - Assessment dropdown list not visible

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

01 June 2018, 0:58

Hello I'm hoping someone can spot what's missing. Students have been populating a collection of pages which are part of a SmartEvidence framework. Pages are shared with tutors. Students are clicking on the dot on the framework grid to announce that a task is ready for review. Tutors click on the circle on the framework grid and the dialog window that opens doesn't have the Assessment dropdown list. It has a feedback box which they are able to save but no way to use the traffic lights. I have checked everyone's accounts. They are all in the same group (but I don't think that's terribly relevant). The tutors have tutor roles; students have member roles. They are all in the same institution. It works beautifully for my test student and test tutor accounts - of course. Any suggestions? Regards Marion
Anna Greenhill's profile picture

01 June 2018, 22:49

Hi Marion, 

I am not 100% sure on this because I am just testing out Smart Evidence myself. However, I am sure it mentions in one of Kristina's videos that anyone who needs to assess the Smart Evidence maps should be added as site staff to Mahara in the administration area? Could you try that? 

Thanks,

Anna 

02 June 2018, 0:36

Hello Anna

Thank you so much.  That is probably it. These tutors are externals so I wouldn't have made them site staff as a matter of course.

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 June 2018, 13:25

Hello Marion,

The tutors don't need to be site staff. They only need to be staff in the institution that uses SmartEvidence. If you are the only institution on your site, it doesn't really matter.

If you are sharing the portfolio via secret URL with the tutors, then they won't have the assessment option available as Mahara can't verify that they are truly assessors and not just a friend. ;-) We can look into changing that for you if you like and see how that goes. Currently, all assessment features like portfolio submission, controlled groups, viewing of full names and not just display names, are restricted to people with the staff / admin role. Hence also the restriction for SmartEvidence.

Cheers

Kristina

05 June 2018, 20:04

Thanks Kristina

Institution staff rather than site staff - that makes sense.

The sharing issue is fine for us, we use both secret URL and sharing so it's not an issue in this case.   We use secret URLs for giving external assessor viewing access only and that's fine.

Regards

Marion

5 results