Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Export of pages whilst retaining skin

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

17 May 2018, 23:14

Hello

I realise that exported pages don't retain the skins so I've been looking to find a way around that.   Not getting terribly far ...  I can't find any reference to either the skin title or any of the skin code in the page source.  Where should I be looking?

Regards

Marion

18 May 2018, 1:56

Ok, I think I have a solution.  I have found the file style-dist.css that's exported to \portfolio-for-xyz\static\theme\local\static\style

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 May 2018, 7:48

Hi Marion,

Which export are you looking at? Leap2A or HTML? If it's the Leap2A export and you want your skin to be available in the other Mahara instance, you can export the skin itself and then import it, provided the other site has skins activated.

We'd have to look closer into exporting of a skin via HTML.

Cheers

Kristina

21 May 2018, 20:26

Hello Kristina

It was the HTML export.   The assessment for the particular group that asked about it involved an export to HTML.  I'm trying to find out from them what they are trying to achieve and why they chose this route ...

There is a workaround of course but I'm trying to decide whether to offer it as it would involve a bit of work :)

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 June 2018, 8:09

Hello Marion,

We did have an item on our bug and feature tracker about page skins and HTML report. It's not yet been worked on though: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1461747

At some point, we are hoping to consolidate themes and skins and make them easier to handle.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results