Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
SmartEvidence and self assessment

Ann Buffel's profile picture

27 April 2018, 8:51

I see in the tutorial on Smartevidence framework that the column self assessment is present and that is an indicator whether the student can perform a self assessment (0 is not, 1 is OK). I also noted that next to the uploaded framework there is an edit button to go to the settings of the framework.

In our setup a student can only connect a page to a competency in the framework (indicator bullet becomes a grey circle), but the student can not score himself. I also miss the edit button next to the framework.

What do I have to change in my setup to allow self assessment by the students?

thanks

Ann

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 April 2018, 12:56

Hi Ann,

If you want to mark a framework as self-assessment, then that needs to be done in the framework file by setting "selfassess" to "true". Please see the screenshot at http://manual.mahara.org/en/18.04/administration/smartevidence.html#start-of-the-file (it's number 5 in the screenshot under the heading "Start of the file"). Please note that this link goes to the user manual for Mahara 18.04. If you use a different version of Mahara, change the number in the URL to your version of Mahara and you'll be taken to the respective page.

If your students already started using the SmartEvidence framework and you don't want them to re-do their annotations, you can change the selfassess status in the database table "framework" and turn it into a self-assessment framework.

The settings button is only available in Mahara 18.04. Previous versions of Mahara do not have that. Once your institution upgraded to the latest version of Mahara, you will have that button available.

Cheers

Kristina

2 results