Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Lost content

Lisa Donaldson's profile picture

23 April 2018, 23:52

Hi all,

We are running 17.04 and I have a student who is insisting that 'the system' has deleted some sections of her data in her portfolio page. Is there any way that I can track history on a page to see what is going on...bearing in mind that I have no access to the database as it's hosted externally!!

Thanks from a frantic student and I!

Lisa

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 April 2018, 7:33

Hi Lisa,

Tracking deleted content is very difficult even when you take a look at the access log on the server. There isn't anything you can check in Mahara itself without involving your support company.

A while ago we had the issue described at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/16.04/+bug/1626805 which sounds a bit similar to your problem.

The portfolio can be retrieved if your server is backed up. Then a Leap2A could be exported and imported into the student's portfolio if they can't easily put the missing block back onto the page. However, first the database should be checked if the block is not actually still on the page and somehow not displayed.

Cheers

Kristina

Lisa Donaldson's profile picture

24 April 2018, 19:27

Thanks Kristina. Went through Enovation in the end as the student was frantic and managed to find a backup with most data there! She is still insisting that Mahara 'ate' her work but to be honest my gut is that it's user error. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Lisa

3 results