Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Smartevidence -

Karin Brown's profile picture

27 March 2018, 18:21

Kia ora and hello

I am looking for examples of how people have innovatively implemented SmartEvidence, especially interested in anything that includes a visual element.

I am searching for shared JSON files of possible SmartEvidence frameworks, because I also want to learn more about what can be changed and what can't be changed about SmartEvidence.

Grateful for any tips!

Noho ora mai,

Karin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 March 2018, 7:51

Kia ora Karin,

You can find the collection of SmartEvidence files that have been shared with the community at https://seafile.catalyst.net.nz/d/c5a4876b06 and are welcome to send me your file so I can add it there.

I don't have an example to show you of a framework that includes images (it was a client's), but I can tell you what we did.

The university has a program for which it created icons to differentiate individual parts. We pulled these icons into the descriptions of the standards so students would have that visual element available also when they hovered over a standard.

The standardelement description does take HTML. So you can put in links or also images. The images need to sit in a public space though so as always be displayed no matter with whom the SmartEvidence collection is saved. You can upload such images into the "public" folder on your portfolio site for example. In your case that would mean asking Urs from SWITCHportfolio as only site administrators have access to that folder and can place items in it. Alternatively, you could link to the images if they are available publicly on your web site.

Give it a go and let us know what you think if that is what you had in mind with visual element.

Cheers

Kristina

28 March 2018, 23:21

Hi Kristina!

Thank you for your response and the link to the repository. Do you know of any institutions that have developed a visual way to see the results of the framework? Basically we would love to have something like a Radar chart (or heatmap) so users can see their progress over time visually.

Even more fancy would be if we could show both current level and desired level and how both of those develop over time.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 March 2018, 12:47

Hello Karin,

Oh that kind of visual. I'm not aware of anyone having done that yet, but we'd love to develop that. I did talk about that briefly in a presentation https://slides.com/anitsirk/smartevidence-evidence-maps-in-eportfolios because Tom from UC had been doing some thinking around that for his offline evidence map model.

Cheers

Kristina

30 March 2018, 2:04

Thank you Kristina! That is exactly the kind of thing I am after. I have written to Tom to find out more.

Cheers!

5 results