Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Administrator and Report objectionable material

07 March 2018, 23:27

Hi

The administrator does not receive the "Report objectionable material" by electronic mail. Everything seems well configured. Administrator does receive other emails, for example friend request.

Thanks
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 March 2018, 8:19

Hi Josep,

Can you please provide more details?

• What version of Mahara do you use?
  • Is it the objectionable material on pages or on group forums?
  • Are the notification settings in the admins account set to send out mails for objectionable content on Settings -> Notifications?
  • What "admin" do you mean? Site or institution admin?

Thanks

Kristina

08 March 2018, 9:46

Hi Kristina

• What version of Mahara do you use? Mahara 17.1
  • Is it the objectionable material on pages or on group forums? It is the objectionable material only. On group forums it's OK. On group forums, the admin Forum and the admin Mahara recieve an e-mail.
  • Are the notification settings in the admins account set to send out mails for objectionable content on Settings -> Notifications? Yes.
  • What "admin" do you mean? Site or institution admin? Admin Mahara (site)

Thanks

08 March 2018, 20:13

Hello Josep,

Thank you for the additional information. I tested on a Mahara 17.10 (the 0 is important as it stands for the month of the year, i.e. October 2017 when Mahara 17.10 was released :-) ) and did receive objectionable content mail via email into my site admin account.

Is your cron running? The message did not show up for me directly, but required that the cron job had run through before it displayed. You can check if your cron is running by going to Administration menu -> Admin home -> Check in the box "Mahara: Site information".

You can run your cron manually by going to /lib/cron.php You may need to enter your URL secret.

Once you've done that, please check if the notification shows up in the site admin's Mahara inbox. Even when mails are sent out, a copy is kept in the inbox (unless you selected "None"). If that is the case, please check your mail log and see if there is any revealing information why your mail server wouldn't send out the message.

Cheers

Kristina

08 March 2018, 23:30

Hello Kristina

You are right. The problem was in the Cron. Problem solved. Now, the administrator receives the messages.

But it only receives the messages when we manually execute the cron.

https://ies-jaumehuguet-valls.xtec.cat/mahara/htdocs/lib/cron.php?urlsecret=..............

How can we make each hour, for example, receive the messages?

Thanks

09 March 2018, 0:04

Hi Kristina

Problem solved. We have added the command in crontab.

https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Cron_Job
Thanks for everything

09 March 2018, 7:33

Hello Josep,

Great that the emails work now. You do need to have cron running at all times on a production instance as a series of tasks are only executed on cron.

Cheers

Kristina

7 results