Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Mahara Dictionaries?

tush's profile picture

13 December 2017, 17:52

Hello,

I am a super noob with web development, so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm wondering if there is some way to make dictionaries for an institution or group, in which folks can upload their own photos/recordings of the word/content featuring that word/etc ? Any plug-ins about that, or is that something I have to learn how to develop on my own?

Best

Emmy

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 December 2017, 13:46

Hello Emmy,

There is not dictionary plugin for Mahara that would do what you describe.

What you could do is create a page for each word or phrase in a group, then create a folder in the group files area for that word and upload all images, recordings etc. in there. Then on the page, you would arrange that content to your liking.

Cheers

Kristina

Joost Elshoff's profile picture

28 December 2017, 20:53

Hi Tush,

Although there are no plugins like this available for Mahara, there's probably a few ways of getting this done with what's on board in the portfolio:

You could create a group or institution page for which all members can provide contributions, or use a thread in a forum for this.

On the other hand, this sounds more like something you'd want to do in an LMS like Moodle (which has a really good Glossary activity on board).

29 December 2017, 0:55

You can connect the learning managementsystem moodle with mahara and there you can use many features like glossary, wiki, ...

4 results