Forums | Mahara Community
Mahara 17.10.0 is here
30 October 2017, 3:44 PM
Hello Mahara community,
We are pleased to announce the release of Mahara 17.10, another milestone in Mahara history. This release features a number of small and big enhancements, of which the expansion of the reporting capabilities of Mahara is one of the major ones.
We would like to thank people near and far who have contributed to this latest version of Mahara by reporting and fixing bugs, creating new features, testing features in development, translating the software, and showcasing Mahara.
You can download the code at https://launchpad.net/mahara/17.10/17.10.0
Alternatively, you can access it via Git from https://git.mahara.org/mahara/mahara
Highlights in Mahara 17.10 include:
- Advanced reporting (and consolidation of all statistics and reports in one area)
- Upgrade of Elasticsearch
- Consolidated page editing screens
- Show group members without submissions
- Display group collections on the group homepage
- Upload a logo for small devices
- Support ADFS authentication via SAML
- Set SAML as parent authentication method for LTI
Other notable new features include:
- Search notifications
- Support base64-encoded images
- Collapse SmartEvidence standard group
View the Mahara user manual for these new features as well as changed functionality.
See the full list of new features and bug fixes here:
You can check out the feature release video.
How to install / upgrade
You can find instructions on how to install a new Mahara site or upgrade an existing one on our wiki:
If you are looking for translations, have a look at this page:
Mahara 16.10 and 17.04 are still supported for security updates. The support for Mahara 15.04 and 16.04 ends now. Support for Mahara 16.10 will end in April 2018, Mahara 17.04 will be supported until October 2018, and Mahara 17.10 will receive updates until April 2019.
For more information, please see https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/SupportedVersions
We recommend you upgrade to 17.10 as that gives you the longest support time frame at the moment. Users of Mahara 16.10 and 17.04 can stay on their versions until that support runs out.
All site administrators running a supported version of Mahara are encouraged to subscribe to our security announcements:
Support and bugs
If you find any bugs in this new release, please feel free to use our bug tracker to report them:
And if you need help with anything, the support forum is the best place to ask your questions:
The user manual has been updated for Mahara 17.10. New features are listed under the "New in Mahara 17.10" index entry.
A number of organisations around the world supported this release through funding new features, bug fixes, or contributing code that made it into Mahara 17.10 or was the inspiration for code changes. We want to thank the following organisations (in alphabetical order) for their support of this release:
- Auckland University of Technology
- Australian National University
- Carleton University
- Central Queensland University
- Dublin City University
- New Zealand Ministry of Education
- Teachers College, Columbia University
- Totara LMS
- Université de Montréal
- Université du Québec à Montréal
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Sussex
We also wish to thank the people who contributed code to this release. The code contributors are listed according to the number of changesets:
|Cecilia Vela Gurovic||53||17.7%|
|Antonella De Chiara||2||0.7%|
And the organisations they work for or are associated with:
|Auckland University of Technology||1||0.3%|
|Université du Québec à Montréal||1||0.3%|
|Université de Montréal||1||0.3%|
|University of Southern Queensland||1||0.3%|
The most complete translations at the time of writing (at least 90%):
- Basque (Contributors over time: Abel Camacho, Asier Iturralde Sarasola, Ibai Oihanguren Sala, Iñaki Arenaza, Juan Ezeiza)
- Czech (Contributors over time: Viktor Fuglík, David Mudrák, Adam Pátek, Matouš Trča, Veronika Karičáková, Marek Drahovzal, Lukáš Kotek, Jiřina Nováková, Tomáš Jeřábek)
- French (Contributors over time: Alain Benoit, Alain Bolli, Alexandre Croteau, Anne017, David Truong, Dominique-Alain Jan, Emilie Lenel, François Lizotte, Hélène V., Jean Marc, londumas, Melvin Romero, Pascale Hyboud-Peron, Paula Caterino, Philippe Petitqueux, Pierre Guinoiseau, sic, Stéphane)
- German (Contributors over time: Andy Hediger, Christian Kleinhanss, Daniel Winzen, Dennis Baudys, eledia, Ernst Artner, Ettore Atalan, finnnns, Heinz Krettek, Jan Behrens, Jürgen Friedrich, Kristina Hoeppner, Marcel Debray, Mathias, Michael Wuttke, Moritz Ringler, Nico Verse, Patrick Neumann, Ralf Hilgenstock, Stefanie Berger, Steffen Pegenau, Tobias Bannert)
- Japanese (Contributor over time: Mitsuhiro Yoshida)
- Slovenian (Contributor over time: Gregor Anželj)
For a full list of translations and contributors, please see
Many more people contributed to this release in their capacity as business analysts, UX researchers, testers, and mobile developers and deserve a big Thank You.
And finally, thanks also go to the security researchers who help make Mahara secure.
The 17.10 Release Managers