Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Help me Mahara Community, you're my only hope... Smart Evidence

Dan Axson's profile picture

20 October 2017, 21:22

Hi. I've created a matrix file using notepad++ saved as a .matrix file and verified the json with an online service. 

Yet when I upload it gives me the following

Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system.

When I upload a bad json file it gives me an erro saying it can't parse. Thtat's fine. 

I can also upload a sample from online. But this file, no dice.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Dan.

Robert Lyon's profile picture

22 October 2017, 16:40

Hi Dan

Can you verify your .matrix file with http://jsoneditoronline.org/

If it passes there but still fails to upload are you able to upload the file you created here so I can take a look at it?

Cheers

Robert

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 October 2017, 21:20

Hi Dan,

On top of what Robert suggested: When you get the unrecoverable error message, you should always check your error log for a more explicit message that may provide leads to the issue.

If you have a test site and encounter the problem there, too, you can print errors directly to the screen, which makes viewing them a bit easier. To do that, you'll need to turn off production mode in the config.php.

Cheers

Kristina

Dan Axson's profile picture

23 October 2017, 22:08

Great, thanks both.

I have managed to get one successfully uploaded now. However it was using a downloaded sample file, copying and pasting my framework in and saving the file. Then changing the name in File Explorer not through Save As. This seemed to work. 

So I guess there is some issue with the save of my file. If I encounter further issues then I'll send the file for your help. Otherwise it's no big deal to do as I have done. 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Dan.

4 results