Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Help! SmartEvidence

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

12 October 2017, 3:22

Hello

I have SmartEvidence working for some courses and am now trying to adapt it.  I wondered if it is possible to have more then one digit in the fields "standardid" and "elementid"?

I am trying to set up a framework which will demonstrate evidence of tasks being accomplished by students over a 6-semester period.  A certain number of the tasks need to be accomplished in each semester, ie students are repeating the tasks each semester but thee number of times varies.

I have entered Semester 1, Semester 2 ... in [standards] and I have listed the tasks in [standardelements].   So far, I have it working such that each task is listed in the left column 6 times and I think there must be a better way ...

Suggestions welcome.

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 October 2017, 10:07

Hello Marion,

Great that you are exploring SmartEvidence. The standard id can take multiple digits and the element id can also be a word. We just have the examples with numbers as those are often easier to follow.

Cheers

Kristina

14 October 2017, 3:23

Hi Kristina

Can I ask then how the multiple digits are inserted into standardid?   I would expect

"standardid": 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,

and so far I have tried a number of variations, with this one being most successful:

"standardid": [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6],

but the standardelements don't appear at all in the framework after I've imported it into Mahara.

ScreenShot_Framework.png

15 October 2017, 16:50

Hello Marion,

Currently, a standardelement can only be associated with one standard. You can't have 1 standardelement be linked to multiple standards, which I think you are trying to do.

So you would need to duplicate your standardelements if they are identical and associate each copy with a different standardid.

Cheers

Kristina

16 October 2017, 21:53

Hi Kristina

I misunderstood your previous reply.  That is what I am trying to do all right.  Perhaps one for the future?

Regards

Marion

17 October 2017, 8:43

Hello Marion,

I created a wishlist item at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1724063

For the time being, you can easily copy and paste the elements though to achieve your goal.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results