Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Cascade strings from trunk to other versions

André Yamin's profile picture

24 August 2017, 12:50

Hello all,

We're making some nice improvements to the pt_BR lang package and I can see the changes been applied to the trunk package but not to other versions.

What is the best way to cascade the new strings to other versions?

Cheers,

André.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 August 2017, 20:54

Hello André,

Fantastic that you are contributing to Brazilian Portuguese. Normally, when the string is exactly the same in another version, it would propagate through to my knowledge.

Can you please provide an example where that hasn't happened?

Thank you

Kristina

24 August 2017, 22:01

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for answering.

I assumed that the package for other versions is not been updated based on the size and date of the lang files on http://langpacks.mahara.org/.

mahara-lang.PNG

Comparing the files I noted that pt_BR.utf8\lang\pt_BR.utf8\mahara.php is missing completely from the 17.04 lang pack and have several strings translated on trunk.

Today I tried to upload the trunk file on top of 17.04 on launchpad but still don't have feedback about the import. Hopefully this will work. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm temporarily using the trunk lang pack on my 17.04 install and this seem to be working. :-)

Cheers,

André.

Cecilia Vela's profile picture

30 August 2017, 11:24

Hi André,

The changes have propagated now as you can see

pt_langpacks.png

I could see the lang\pt_BR.utf8\mahara.php file has the same content in both packages.

The scripts that manage this part of the process run everyday in the morning, so we should allow 24 hs to see the latest changes.

Regards,

Cecilia

30 August 2017, 13:26

Thank you Cecilia,

Yes, I can see now the changes made on 17.04 on launchpad applied to the lang pack.

Cheers,

André.

5 results