Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Bulk Export to HTML?

sean mcclelland's profile picture

02 June 2017, 8:56

Hello. Is it possible to bulk export all, or a list, of user's portfolios to HTML? I see there is an "experimental" feature for doing this batch export to Leap2A (http://manual.mahara.org/en/15.10/administration/experimental.html), but not to HTML. We're currently on Mahara 15.04. Thank you for the advice!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 June 2017, 10:30

Hello Sean,

This might not be very difficult to do. I had a quick look and it seems that all you need to change is two lines in bulkexport.php (the lines refer to Mahara master):

Replace "leap" in line 122 with "html" to read:

safe_require('export', 'html');

And on line 144 replace "Leap" with "HTML" to read:

PluginExportHtml

I did get the HTML export then when I exported a user via the bulk screen. Please give it some more testing.

Cheers

Kristina

sean mcclelland's profile picture

07 June 2017, 11:13

Thank you Kristina. I think we're close, because I was able to export one portfolio at a time to HTML using the steps you provided. However, when I try more than one, it seems to hang on a blank page.

Also, when we change the code back to how it was originally (for Leap2A exporting), it doesn't hang with I enter multiple users names. Instead, it only exports one, and ignores the others I had in the list.

I know this is an experimental feature, but can you tell me - how should multiple names be entered into the "Usernames to export" box? See attached image. I tried line breaks, commas, and both.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 4.04.14 PM.png

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 June 2017, 17:01

Hello Sean,

I can replicate the issue with trying to export multiple users via HTML. I only get a blank screen.

However, when I switch back to Leap2A by reverting my changes and export two users I get both portfolios in the empty name folder below the /user folder. Not sure why there is a folder with an empty name. Maybe that's what's failing for HTML.

I'm afraid I don't know what else might need to be changed as that's the extend of my programming knowledge.

Somebody with more coding skills would need to take a look.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results