Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
17 themes

Paul Taylor's profile picture

30 May 2017, 20:54

This may well be a development issue, so apologies in advance.  I have started using 17, but can't for the life of me get it to work properly on any browser or with any theme.  The new header system is really nice, but it overlays some of the top of the main pages which means you can't get to certain things to change them, even to change the theme itself, though all of them have the same behaviour so I suspect it is a setting somewhere in the raw theme.

mahara-17-theme.png

This is the same for most of the menu settings and themes, the top part of the middle section is hidden by the header and you can't access things that you need.

Can someone tell me how this can be fixed, or if this is something peculiar to me.

This is on a Ubuntu system using various versions of Chrome, Firefox, Opera et al.  It may well work on IE, but I haven't used Windows for 20 years.

Thanks.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 May 2017, 9:13

Hello Paul,

Did you install Mahara via Git? Your screenshot looks like you did not generate the CSS for your themes and it's just using what it had from before the upgrade. You'll need to run gulp / make css as advised in the theme README file.

Cheers

Kristina

Robert Lyon's profile picture

31 May 2017, 9:14

Hi Paul

Hmm, that screenshot looks to me like the browser is showing cached css

There are a bunch of style classes that are common to both the old style 'raw_old' and new style 'raw' themes.

If you are using an in built theme then clearing the css cache should sort out style clashes.

If you are using a custom theme then there may be the need to adjust some templates in the theme to be like the 'raw' theme's ones

Hope that helps

Cheers

Robert

07 June 2017, 19:23

Thanks both.  Yes, it is via git.  I'll see if I can clear the cache and reset.  I am not using any custom themes.

07 June 2017, 23:31

I deleted it and reinstalled it a few times from git and it was exactly the same, but installing from the download seems to have fixed it.  Could be a rogue file in git, or pilot error on my part :)

Robert Lyon's profile picture

08 June 2017, 7:26

Hi Paul,

If you are running the site from git then you'd need to run the command

make css

In your parent to htdocs directory (usually called mahara) to generate the css from the sass files.

That could explain why the css was looking strange as the css files may have been older versions.

In the zipped up download version of Mahara this is done for you as part of the build process.

Cheers

Robert

6 results