Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Theme change

18 May 2017, 19:10

Hi,

I upgraded to Mahara 17.04. For some reason the theme is not working as it did before. I get a blue colour that doesn't allow me as admin and users to work properly. I shared the image of the blue strip that's getting in the way. How do I change this or remove the blue? 

This is the site http://mahara.moodle4teachers.org

Thank you. 

Mahara annoying blue.png

Robert Lyon's profile picture

19 May 2017, 10:10

Hi Nellie,

In 17.04 we made some significant changes to the navigation system and the css/classes are similar to the old theme.

If you are using an in built theme is should be a matter of refreshing your browser to get the newer versions of the css

But if you are using a custom theme you will either need to fix up your theme to work with the 'new' Raw theme or make your custom theme inherit from the 'old' Raw (now called 'Old Raw') theme. To do this you will need to edit the

htdocs/theme/[your theme]/themeconfig.php

file and set the

$theme->parent      = 'raw_old';

And that should solve most problems with the menu - you still may need to do some tweaking to get your theme fully 17.04 compatible

Cheers

Robert

29 May 2017, 22:45

Where do I add this 

$theme->parent      = 'raw_old';

29 May 2017, 22:48

I added it. I hope I did in the right place.

29 May 2017, 23:39

It worked. 

Thank you. 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 May 2017, 5:20

Hello Nellie,

Great that it worked.

Cheers

Kristina

21 May 2017, 16:47

Hi Nellie,

Depending on how you installed Mahara, you may also need to compile the CSS via Gulp. If you downloaded the compiled code, refreshing your browser should do the trick. If you installed via git, you need to run Gulp so that the CSS files can be compiled.

Cheers

Kristina

22 May 2017, 6:39

Hi Robert and Kristina,

I'm on cPanel and the Mahara is a subdomain. I'm not sure where to fix things. Do I delete the primary theme I currently have and keep raw?

raw delete primary?.png.1

Thank you.

22 May 2017, 8:46

Hi Nellie,

Make sure that you download the newest files for the primary school theme and you will be good to go.

Cheers

Kristina

22 May 2017, 16:10

Where do I get the files?

Thank you. 

11 results