Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Assignment submission via LTI

Meg Goodine's profile picture

18 May 2017, 10:25 AM

I second Keith's position that the submission of collections and pages to Moodle from Mahara is a "must-have". 

We haven't seen much uptake the other way around (students export assignments to their portfolios) but if it does get implemented, it would be "nice-to-have" the ability to include any feedback from the instructor --especially where rubrics have been used. It is something we have been asked about.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 May 2017, 4:58 PM

Hello Meg,

Thank you for your feedback. I added the idea to the wiki. Keeping feedback with the portfolio is important and one of the big challenges to work out I think depending on what we assess in the LMS. If it is a snapshot that is assessed, feedback would probably not make it back to the actual portfolio page but just stay with the snapshot.

How do you use the assignment plugin? Do you want to assess a snapshot so students can continue working on their portfolios independently or would you prefer to be able to lock a portfolio, assess it and save the feedback and only then give it back to the students?

Cheers

Kristina

21 June 2017, 5:00 PM

Hello,

Thanks to all those who provided feedback on the assignment submission functionality. You can find the proposal for the initial functionality on the wiki. We also kept the additional ideas for later phases as they shouldn't get lost.

Is there anything we forgot?

If you'd like to support that development work, please get in touch with me.

Thank you

Kristina

17 July 2017, 10:35 AM

Hello,

You can view an updated proposal of the functionality on the wiki. Due to the limitations of LTI re-thinking was necessary and not everything can be implemented like it is in Moodle.

This is a major piece of work in terms of effort. If you want to contribute funding to get the work accomplished, please get in touch with me.

Thank you

Kristina

06 November 2017, 8:39 PM

Hello,

Those of you who've looked at the release notes for Mahara 17.10 will have seen that we have not yet been able to implement the functionality to have assignments submitted to an LMS via LTI. It's a rather larger piece of work and will most likely only be funded if multiple institutions contribute to it. If you want to discuss your financial support for this functionality, which would bring the auto archiving of portfolios submitted to the LMS, please get in touch with me.

Thank you

Kristina

15 results