Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
[16.04] comments on public pages

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

04 April 2017, 1:51

Hello

We're getting more and more spams in comments of our public pages ... :-(

I don't find out how to secure, activate a captcha or other to avoid all these messages.

Or would I have missed a setting? We are in version 16.04, is it available in 16.10 ir planned for future releases? If we can not secure, we will be asked to disable the comment option on public pages..

Thanks for your support,
Regards,
Emilie

07 April 2017, 4:05

In the config of a page you can configure the comments to be moderated.

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

07 April 2017, 16:47

Thanks for your feedback

Can we set by default the "Moderate comments" to YES for the site or institution ?

Btw, it seems that even if we turn "Moderate comments" to YES, we'll still get unmoderated comments for our files.. "Comments on pages will remain private until they are approved by you. Comments on individual content, e.g. files and journal entries, are excluded from the moderation."

BR

Emilie

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 April 2017, 9:04

Hi Emilie,

The comment moderation was fixed. Please see https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1540534

Spam comments themselves can't be prevented easily as it's not bots writing those comments but often people who fill in the forms. A captcha is not a big deterrent.

You can turn off anonymous comments on pages, but that would mean that nobody without a login can leave a comment.

If you want to set comment moderation to "Yes", you can make a change in the code. Please note though that that would then go for any comments unless you restrict it to anonymous ones only.

Cheers

Kristina

12 April 2017, 20:33

Thanks Kristina, 

But where should we make that change in the code? 

Philippe

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 April 2017, 13:54

Hello Philippe,

I'm afraid that's where my knowledge stops and a developer would need to answer.

Cheers

Kristina

20 April 2017, 4:12

If you add a picture to mahara then by default comments are enabled.

An administrator can disable this:

comments.pngpictures

Then a user has to enable comments for that pictures he wants to get comments (and is then a little bit more focused on configuring the moderation-feature)

20 April 2017, 4:19

I think that moderation of comments shoud be default in such an environment.

8 results