Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Drupal and Mahara

Osbel Rondón's profile picture

28 March 2017, 13:47

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any documentation for using simpleSAMLphp in an SSO between Drupal and Mahara.
I was reading some ideas raised in previous posts but I did not quite understand how the simpleSAML module works.

Thanks in advance

Osbel

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 March 2017, 9:00

Hello Osbel,

You can find information on how to set up SAML at http://manual.mahara.org/en/16.10/administration/institutions.html#saml-authentication and you'd also need to enable the plugin under Administration -> Extensions -> Plugin administration.

You would need to set up SAML on both Mahara and Drupal and then your students can use it. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

01 April 2017, 11:33

Hi Kristina
Many thanks for the clarification, I found a module called simpleamlphp_auth for Drupal but I still have questions about how to install the saml identity provider. Is IdP a separate server?
Please explain to me
Osbel

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 April 2017, 10:01

Hello Osbel,

Correct, the IdP is something completely different from Mahara and Drupal. It's an authentication server. SimpleSAML in Drupal and Mahara will allow you to connect to that server and make calls to it, but you'd still need to set up the IdP, add your users to it etc. Please check the documentation for the IdP that you are wanting to set up for more information on what is needed.

Cheers

Kristina

11 April 2017, 12:21

Hello Kristina,
Thank you for the clarification. I'm already studying the IDP
Osbel

5 results