Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
SAML SSO fields

09 November 2016, 8:32

Dear list's members

I am trying the SAML authentication plugin on Mahara version 17.04dev (2016100600).

While filling the SAML authentication plugin configuration for an institution, I see on the form that only those fields can be automatically filled by SAML attributes :

• SSO field for first name
  • SSO field for surname
  • SSO field for email

Previously, I was using the Shibboleth authentication plugin, by which I was able to configure the Student Id attribute.

I wonder if there is an alternate method (i.e. alternate from the form) to fill some SAML SSO profile fields?

And I wonder if it is now recommended to let empty the Student Id field?

Thank you very much,

Stéphanie

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 November 2016, 9:18

Hello Stephanie,

SAML auth did not have the functionality to sync the student ID up to 16.10. Nothing's changed there. See http://manual.mahara.org/en/16.04/administration/institutions.html#saml-authentication

Maybe you made some customizations or used a third-party plugin?

Cheers

Kristina

09 November 2016, 10:13

Hello Kristina,

Oh, I may have not clearly expressed myself.

Actually, using the Mahara version 17.04dev with the included SAML, I am *not* able to sync the Student ID with SAML.

As I remember that I was able to do so previously with the Shibboleth authentication plugin, I was wondering if there was a mean to achieve it with SAML.

As I read your answer, I conclude that it is not the case  - fine enough.

Thanks again,

Stéphanie

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 November 2016, 14:00

Hi Stephanie,

I overlooked that you mentioned you had the Shibboleth plugin. That would explain the difference. you should still be able to use the plugin with 17.04 or look into getting the ID field synced via SAML auth.

Cheers

Kristina

11 November 2016, 3:25

Hello Kristina,

We created a solution, which is available as a pull request in the MaharaProject at : https://github.com/MaharaProject/mahara/pull/4

All the best,

Stéphanie

Nelson Moller's profile picture

15 November 2016, 10:08

I've added the lang string to identify the idnumber. Robert have already pulled the patch without it ... I'm really sorry for not doing that before.

6 results