Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Leap2A export/import profil data

Melvin Romero's profile picture

08 October 2016, 4:58

Hi,

Concerning exporting a portfolio as Leap2A format, I wanted to know if its possible to remove the profil data so when I import the file with another account, I don't have to tell the system to ignore the profil data from the original user ?

Capture d’écran 2016-10-07 à 11.51.23.png

To clarify things i'll use this example : my collegue is in the import screen. You will notice that bu default, Mahara wants to replace the firstname, lastname and ID with the info from the original user. Thus, she has to click ignore before importing or else the data will be replace the info in her portfolio.

I hope I was clear.

Thanks in advance !

Melvin 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 October 2016, 8:49

Hello Melvin,

I wouldn't ignore those profile fields for the import because in some cases you do want to have that data available. However, one option would be to set the default to "Ignore" rather than "Replace". What do you think about that?

Cheers

Kristina

12 October 2016, 3:01

Hi Kristina,

Yes, that would be great ! Can I do that with my admin access or is it hardcoded? Just to be clear, I did try to find a setting, but never did.

Thanks for your help !

Melvin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

12 October 2016, 8:49

Hello Melvin,

This would be a code change. I filed a wishlist item at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1632450

Since it should be a small change, do you want to give it a go?

Cheers

Kristina

14 October 2016, 8:26

Hi Kristina,

I could try out something :)

Thanks for the whislist tracker.

Melvin

5 results