Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Dashboard error of Mahara latest version

na li's profile picture

04 March 2016, 22:13

Dear Mahara Developer,

I really appreciate your great contributions on developing Mahara. I'm working at an international University and we are using Mahara as the e-portfolio system for all students and staff. We've upgraded our Mahara to the latest version.

However, we found some accounts' dashboard page will have the error as the below screenshot shows. Would you please help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 5.12.05 PM.png

Best wishes,

Lina

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 March 2016, 20:10

Hello Lina,

Can you please check your error log for any more information on the cause? What you see on the dashboard is just a generic message that doesn't tell us what might be wrong.

Cheers

Kristina

na li's profile picture

07 March 2016, 14:42

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry that I'm not that familiar with the logs of Mahara. Would you please tell me which logs shall I check and where can I find the logs?

I tried to deleted the error account and created the account again, there's no such error. But after I imported the backup pages into that account, the error just came back again and the profile page cannot be opened.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Lina

07 March 2016, 20:46

Hello Lina,

Generally, the error log can be found within the Apache folder on your server. The location is generally specified in your Apache configuration. Please see the wiki for an example.

You mention that you import a portfolio. Is it a full Leap2A import? If so, can you please leave out the dashboard and the profile page (set them to "Ignore") and check again?

In an account where you don't see the dashboard page, can you still navigate to "Connect and share"? I assume that's where all your pages are located?

Cheers

Kristina

na li's profile picture

10 March 2016, 16:28

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for taking your time to help me with the detail information. I've checked the Apache log and there's one error log metioned "you are required to use the date.timezone" setting.

I will try Craig's solution and will update you whether it solve my problem or not later.

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Lina

na li's profile picture

10 March 2016, 17:30

Hi Kristina,

My problem was solved. I followed Craig's instructions and the dashboard is working fine now.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Best wishes,

Lina

10 March 2016, 15:33

Hi Lina,

I had exactly the same problem and it turned out to be the timezone setting. I also found new users were fine but existing users had the error, so I hope this fixes your issue too.

In the php.ini file (in /etc/php.ini on my Redhat Linux system) there is a setting:

[Date]

; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions

date.timezone = Australia/Brisbane

This value is empty by default. If you add your timezone and restart Apache hopefully your problem will be fixed!

If you have hosting that does not allow you to edit the php.ini there is another thread here that might help (allowing you to set a timezone another way in the config.php):

( Do a search for date.timezone in the search box - I am new here an the forum won't let me post a link....)

Kind Regards,

Craig

na li's profile picture

10 March 2016, 16:31

Hi Craig,

That's really kind of you to taking your time to help me with so detail instructions. I've found the file in /etc/php.ini and will add my timezone and restart the Apache during the lunch time, so that students and staff won't be affected. Hope my problem can be solved in this way.

I will update you whether it works or not later.

I really appreciate your help.

Best wishes,

Lina

na li's profile picture

10 March 2016, 17:28

Hi Craig,

Hooray!

You've helped me solved the problem. It was the timezone setting which cause the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes,

Lina

14 March 2016, 9:01

Great to see that Craig's solution fixed your problem!

Cheers

Kristina

11 results