Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Release date of 15.10.2

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 February 2016, 5:05

Hi All,

Can anyone offer a "best guess" as to when 15.10.2 is likely to be released?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 February 2016, 7:54

Hi Jez,

Not yet. There are still a number of high importance bugs that we want to get into this minor version release. At the moment we are working on finishing up a couple of new features we want to get in before feature freeze. If I had to guess, I'd say not before the end of February.

If you are waiting for some fixes that already passed code review, you could add the patches to your instance. If you want to help testing patches that are in review at https://reviews.mahara.org , we'd appreciate that very much.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 February 2016, 22:37

Thanks Kristina,

We are currently running 15.04.4 and were thinking it would be better to wait for 15.10.2 before upgrading as it should be more stable.

I had thought the point releases would be bug fixes only as they are on Moodle but you mention adding new features? I know Moodle make minor improvements as well as pure bug fixes, perhaps that is what you are doing here? I take it they are not major features or this would not be a point release?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 February 2016, 20:51

Hello Jez,

Sorry for confusing your with the new features. I meant that we are finishing up new features for Mahara 16.04 as it's feature freeze this week. Like Moodle, stable versions of Mahara do not receive new features, but only bug fixes (unless a tiny new feature slips through and does make it in there as was the case for 15.04 I think).

We haven't had problems with 15.10.1 so far except for some of theming issues primarily due to the conversion to Bootstrap. A few functionality regressions also made it in due to that unfortunately. If you can live with them, you can go with .1. You see all the oustanding issues for 15.10.2 on Launchpad (we might re-prioritze some though fod the final release of 15.10.2).

If you want to stay on 15.04 for the time being, I'd recommend you update to the latest stable, which shouldn't take much time.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results